Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pennsylvania AG has made changes to their reciprocity...

Pennsylvania AG has made changes to their reciprocity...

http://handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

As of yesterday, PA's AG has changed reciprocity for all agreements to Resident Permits only, and has KILLED reciprocity with VA. (note: VA still honor's PA's permit.)

My understanding of this for me is, as a NJ resident I will no longer be able to conceal carry in PA (again!)

Everyone else, if you're not a PA resident and you visit that state, please take a moment and verify what your status is in terms of legal carry.

Note: PA "allows" open carry on ANY permit (you can go find the statute) and allows "concealed" inside a vehicle.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the heads up.

Any stated "reason" behind this change?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    In the past, My local Sheriffs office was always good at issuing Non-Resident permits. Not sure how they are today, but if you are frequently traveling in the state, it might be worth a look.

If any of the PA people (western or eastern would be swell) can check with your local sheriffs and see if they actually will issue non-resident permits to specifically NJ residents with either UT or NH permits, that would be appreciated.

Otherwise, well, I've missed open carrying my P30 or HK45.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    If any of the PA people (western or eastern would be swell) can check with your local sheriffs and see if they actually will issue non-resident permits to specifically NJ residents with either UT or NH permits, that would be appreciated.

http://www.pafoa.org/counties/

At least its a start as to where not to even bother such as Monroe, where I reside.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 04-17-2018 at 02:02 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Better: http://handgunlaw.us/
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 04-17-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.

Any stated "reason" behind this change?
    I read it was because the PA AG doesn't believe VA's background checks do a good enough job of checking mental health history and protective orders.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Official .gov site VS privately owned.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I read it was because the PA AG doesn't believe VA's background checks do a good enough job of checking mental health history and protective orders.

This ^^^^ is what the local news (pennlive.com) has said.

User Tag List