Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woodpeckers...

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post

Seems to be prevalent at daybreak on Sundays.
    We used to have a bird that would sit just outside our bedroom window at sun-up that had a call that sounded exactly like our CO2 detector. I named it the motherfucker bird.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I have woodpeckers that try to eat my log cabin. I just go out on the porch and yell "GET OFF MY LAWN". I like to watch them swoop as they fly away.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Wish I had a telephoto lens. I have a handsome pileated working a stump in my front yard right now.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Wish I had a telephoto lens. I have a handsome pileated working a stump in my front yard right now.
    Well the flicker might have found a hot chick because I haven't seen him in 2 days other than running around the yard looking for food. Hopefully he has a wonderful nest and wont bother me till next year. I'll have to get some food out for him and his mate.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Wish I had a telephoto lens.
    One of my nieces has a telephoto lens that clips to her cell phone that she says works well for still pictures. I would like to find something that I can easily carry with me to record videos of the Ospreys that nest near my office. Last year I looked up to see one chasing away a Turkey Buzzard that had gotten too close to the nest by diving and raking its back feathers. This year one tried that shit with an Eagle and at the last moment the Eagle did a barrel roll with its talons extended so the Osprey had to pull out and bank away.

Not sure how to do pics from FB, but took this pic of a woodpecker in a pine tree in front of our house:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 04-17-2018 at 01:32 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Federally protected...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    It's about $200 if you kill one accidentally because it was flying with doves.

Thought I had a double. Sigh.
    Last edited by Duelist; 04-17-2018 at 01:31 PM.

whatever you do, if you see this guy pecking at your siding, don't kill him...
    Ivory-billed woodpecker, AKA The 'Lord God Bird'.
    (Because that was the general reaction when it was realized they weren't extinct.)

(Edit to add: Before you ask, no, I am not a bird watcher, I just accumulate terabytes of trivia in my head.)
    Last edited by Drang; 04-17-2018 at 07:37 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List