Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Diagnostic help: PX4 trigger drag in single action

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Is the pin for the trigger, completely through both sides, with both legs of the trigger spring behind the trigger? (two separate things, same sentence)
    Is the trigger bar spring, behind the trigger bar, between it and the frame? (it looks like it moves more then mine, as it did when I had it rubbing once)

I've had to mess with the trigger pin before and on the advice/paste performance of another forum, I turned the pin around, which made me wonder if it is really one size or slightly tapered. This was for a sticky trigger.
    The trigger pivot pin is equal on both sides. However, the spring will move it off center to a spot it likes. I've recentered many trigger pins, only 2 have stayed centered. Since the spring makes diagonal marks in the Bruniton, it appears to torque a little to a side it likes. It is probable in your instance that you mentioned, that it was torquing too much. Another issue I've noticed (though I'm not hinting that you did this) is that people use punches and hit the trigger pivot pin through. The inner ledges of this pin make that inadvisable. I prefer to depress the spring and wiggle it through. When in the right spot and angle it will walk right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Earlymonk View Post

Not so sure here. I've taken the tension off it and put it back twice, but I don't have much control (or visibility) when it goes back under the bar, so it could be going back to the same (wrong) place.
    A way to check if the trigger bar spring is in its slot is to slide a piece of paper between it and the frame. If you feel the spring hit the paper, you're not in. The other side can be observed visually. Also, if it doesn't wiggle separately, you're in.

There is some distance that is made by the hammer frame unit to avoid excessive contact of the trigger bar with the hammer pin spring. Slight rubbing under vibration or gentle rubbing might occur.

Notice in https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-and-how/page2 post #13 that the stud under which the bottom curve of the hammer pin spring locks protrudes pretty far. This combined with the built in spacer bar higher up (visible in post #17) maintain the work space for the trigger bar to move around in.

Side note: The hammer pin spring upper leg in this picture is sitting too low and I replaced it.

I've owned 3 PX4's, 2 were used 1 was bought new, and they all did/do this.........but only if pressure was applied to the trigger pushing it towards the muzzle, the opposite from what you would normally do when shooting, OR when starting to shoot by either manually cocking the hammer or performing a slidelock reload. a little oil or grease on the side of the trigger bar will make it less pronounced but the only time I ever noticed it was during dry fire. The trigger return spring does not reset the trigger to a point where the trigger bar and hammer retaining spring touch on my guns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    It does look and sound like your hammer pin spring is rubbing on the trigger bar. But none of the videos show a view down into the frame in that area.

I have seen similar issues on guns where someone detail stripped the gun and bent that spring causing it to rub the trigger bar.

So if it has never been detail stripped, I don't know what is going on there without seeing the gun.
    Here's a video of my pistol (LINK), though I'm not sure how much additional information it'll provide. My PX4C has ~350 rounds through it. I have not detail stripped it, but I have applied lubricant between the hammer pin spring and the trigger bar. I can pull the trigger pretty quickly to the wall just before SA hammer release, and the trigger does not fully return to the forward position. If I pull the trigger, keep it depressed, and run the slide by hand, the trigger does not fully return to the forward position. If I pull the trigger, release it, and then run the slide, the trigger does go fully forward. During the trigger pull, the squeak occurs when the rear end of the trigger bar is moving vertically. Once the forward motion begins, the squeak stops. When I release the trigger, the trigger bar travels fully backwards but not down. Applying a little pressure to the back of the trigger causes the rear of the trigger bar to drop to the normal resting position.

Please don't interpret my description as a complaint or gripe about the pistol. I really like this pistol, and I don't think the squeak is significant issue. Probably half my shooting with it so far has been in DA, and I haven't noticed the squeak during SA fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Earlymonk View Post
    Gun has never been detail stripped. It exhibited this behavior as soon as it came out of the box. I'm thinking it may be making a trip to Gilbert, AZ soon...
    This is something I know that I can fix if the gun is in my hands!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    This is something I know that I can fix if the gun is in my hands!
    I have NO doubt that you could, and then some! Stop tempting me, Langdon! LOL

Matter of fact, I was emailing with your lovely wife about that very thing, but the fact that the two-way shipping triples the cost (!) backed me away from the ledge a little bit. (However, the deterrent effect may not be lasting...)

I just got a new Compact, and mine does the same thing.. it's annoying, but I figured I would clean/lube/shoot it and see if I still noticed, or if it caused any problems. I don't anticipate that it would.

My slide/frame fit is also *really* loose on this pistol, it kind of surprised me since it's an Italian gun and they generally seem to be a bit higher quality.

Out of curiosity, could anyone that is having a problem with your Compact doing the sticking trigger find out, either by calling Beretta with your serial number, or at least looking on the side of the slide, on the rear right, for an IT date. I would be curious if there is a connection between when they were made and this issue.

Ours is 2014 and does not have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Out of curiosity, could anyone that is having a problem with your Compact doing the sticking trigger find out...an IT date.
    By this: http://www.berettasupport.com/applic...search_new.htm
    And by the slide IT date:

User Tag List