Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Isoceles and two handed strong arm shooting alignment

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What makes you think it is comfortable? Gripping the pistol is a very strenuous thing.
    These shooters do not look at all uncomfortable. No grimace, no hunkering down behind the gun. They of course are gripping the shit out of the gun I am sure.

Your comment misses my main point: They are upright and bring the gun up high to eye level. Something I personally am bad at.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 04-25-2018 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    These shooters do not look at all uncomfortable. No grimace, no hunkering down behind the gun. They of course are gripping the shit out of the gun I am sure.

Your comment misses my main point: They are upright and bring the gun up high to eye level. Something I personally am bad at.
    I would say pretty upright, which is much closer to fully upright than a tactical turtle! Gripping just short of trembling hard. If we had a side profile view of them, I think they would look very much like Ron Avery in the TPC logo.

Name:  715C8119-B8F3-43C6-83BC-F9368ED78587.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  23.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ron, as a coach, has always been pretty adamant about shooters having as little tension as possible in the upper body. With the exception of "from the elbows forward".

And yeah, pretty similar to the other national champions pictured. An upright and relaxed () upper torso.

They actually do a drill at TPC where they demo the difference between tension to the elbows, and then relaxed thru the core to the knees, then tense to the ground vs tension everywhere. It quickly becomes obvious that tension in your shoulders and core makes recoil worse than staying relaxed.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Ron, as a coach, has always been pretty adamant about shooters having as little tension as possible in the upper body. With the exception of "from the elbows forward".

And yeah, pretty similar to the other national champions pictured. An upright and relaxed () upper torso.

These dudes all hold their gun much higher than I do. I think that is a called a clue. I should say they hold their head a higher. They bring the gun up to an upright head while I bring my neck more to the gun.

Shooting is visual. Bringing the gun up so that you can look at the sights through the center of your eyeballs makes for better shooting. Hunching down (turtling) forces you to look through the tops of your eyeballs.

It also tends to move you off balance and makes you carry extra tension in your shoulders - and makes breathing more difficult.

Thanks for all the replies.
    Finally understood this question from 2 years ago.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

User Tag List