Thread: Upgrades to my GP/MC

Upgrades to my GP/MC

Put on a set of Altamonts for grips as the Hogues didn't fit me. Also added a Novak front night sight for a clear sharp sight picture and a nice bright lamp in the night. Like the upgrades especially the Novaks.

Last edited by Zeke38; 04-13-2018 at 03:27 PM. Reason: add photo

I hate the Houge grips for the GP100. The Lett or anything that copies them are my favorite grips for any revolver ever.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Dr. House' New Fave grips are pretty good, too. Like a giant eraser version of the MC's NFG factory wood grip.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....50-My-New-Fave

I've done some simple mods to make it even better and am happy.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Wow. The wood Hogues are one of the things I really like about the Match Champion.

How did they not fit you? Maybe I'm missing out on something better.

The fit wasn't comfortable. DA the rear of the grip at the top pushed my finger back so I couldn't get a proper placement on the trigger for DA shooting.

The rest of the grip was too narrow and did not afford a consist grip in DA shooting. I like the Lett replacements for DA/SA shooting.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    Wow. The wood Hogues are one of the things I really like about the Match Champion.

How did they not fit you? Maybe I'm missing out on something better.
    The wood knocked my thumb knuckle pretty good. The rubber NFG grips are narrower there to start with (and softer - duh) but that's still one of the areas where I narrowed them up even more.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Put on a set of Altamonts for grips as the Hogues didn't fit me. Also added a Novak front night sight for a clear sharp sight picture and a nice bright lamp in the night. Like the upgrades especially the Novaks.

Which Novak did you use for the front. I kinda hate the front on my MC and would like to go with something else.
    Last edited by Jared; 04-18-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Jared: I used the .265 height at Novaks recommend. I also used the smaller of the two dots. Same size Tritium vial. Had to adjust the rear down 3 clicks for elevation, but it seems to me to mimic the old Smith Patidge front sight without the drag on leather and the Tritium is bright.

If you order there are two sights that are the same height but the one dot is larger and fills the rear sight window more, I needed light on both side for precise shooting, as this MC is an all purpose 357. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Jared: I used the .265 height at Novaks recommend. I also used the smaller of the two dots. Same size Tritium vial. Had to adjust the rear down 3 clicks for elevation, but it seems to me to mimic the old Smith Patidge front sight without the drag on leather and the Tritium is bright.

If you order there are two sights that are the same height but the one dot is larger and fills the rear sight window more, I needed light on both side for precise shooting, as this MC is an all purpose 357. Hope this helps.
    Thanks!

How is the workmanship on that revolver? Is the inside of the cylinder window rough and so forth, or did they clean this model up?

User Tag List