Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Danish Military Adopts the P320 X Carry

Site Supporter

Danish Military Adopts the P320 X Carry

The Danes have adopted the P320 X Carry to replace the SIG P 210 / M49.

Name:  073CF1EE-D792-45E9-AFC5-6A1C30140682.jpeg
Views: 1462
Size:  81.1 KB

The P320 X Carry competed against the Glock 17, the Beretta APX and the Canik TP9.

The video depicts some of the testing. It in Danish, but you can see the Canik malfunction in the video;-)

Danish Armed Forces Begins Fielding SIG P320 X-Carry

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/04/12...edium=facebook
    Last edited by HCM; 04-12-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Those dudes look like they know how to run a handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Well, you know, a Viking must set his axe down occasionally...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Like the ALS holsters.

Does it seem like they grab pretty far forward on the slide when the rack it? Whatever the case, they looked rather competent.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    A friend began his career in their SOF community. He's been here for a long time and is the poster boy for "squared away" in every possible respect.

Clearly their decision was political, based purely on the procurement price, or their testing methodology was flawed.

Seriously though, the X frames seemed to be gaining popularity in LE lately. Does anybody know if a X frame will interchange with its standard frame P320 counterpart? I have been thinking about putting a X-5 frame on my full sized P320, but only if my ALS holster will work with it.
    Last edited by KhanRad; 04-13-2018 at 06:31 AM.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Quote Originally Posted by KhanRad View Post
    Clearly their decision was political, based purely on the procurement price, or their testing methodology was flawed.

Seriously though, the X frames seemed to be gaining popularity in LE lately. Does anybody know if a X frame will interchange with its standard frame P320 counterpart? I have been thinking about putting a X-5 frame on my full sized P320, but only if my ALS holster will work with it.

Yes the X frame will work with the standard 320, but you will have to use the 17 round magazines with it. Also you will need to have the newest base plates, with the square retaining tab or cut down the tabs to clear the mag well.

P320 Carry model with X Carry frame.

Yes they will fit the regular ALS holsters. I did however massage mine just a bit to give a little more clearance.

Standard P320 compact 6360 ALS.

I am in the process of cutting an X Carry frame down to compact dimensions to use the 15 rounders. There really isn't much different in total length between the X carry and compact frames. I'm just doing it because a customer asked and I want to see how it turns out.

And yes it is gaining momentum in the LE arena, This is my X Carry duty weapon, and we have 7 other officers in my agency now carrying either standard 320s' or X carry's

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 04-13-2018 at 06:57 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Forget the pistols, I want a pair of those issue gloves. I could find use for such kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Forget the pistols, I want a pair of those issue gloves. I could find use for such kit.
    Here ya go.

http://www.mechanix.com/tactical/mul...actical-gloves

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

The Sig P320 is a great platform, I own two. I'm sure having the US Military adopt the P320 helps in the decision process...
    I really like the modularity of the Sig P320 and the Beretta APX, my days with Glock is over (great autos though).

User Tag List