Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Danish Military Adopts the P320 X Carry

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Hard to tell - they all wear generic "uniforms" for training. The HSI guys (I assume the only ones with X-Carries) were easy to pick out, the rest hard to tell. Could have been AFOSI students, for all I know, since they're moving to the M18...
    AFAIK ICE is the only one issuing the X grip but AFOSI is going to the M18 and the U.S. Parks Police the U.S. Park Rangers are both now issuing some variant of the P320 in 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Ive noticed a lot of variation in P320 triggers ... Some have great triggers. Unfortunately the P320 is now joins lae model S&W revolvers on the list of guns I ont buy without inspecting them in person.
    I've noticed he spread as well. One of my guys bought a personal gun for duty carry and it had a 9+ lb trigger pull out of the box.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Guess I've been lucky. All my P320s including X-Five and X-Carry, have uniformly good triggers, before and after upgrade. I put over 2,500 rounds (including exotic/cheap ammo) through an uncleaned X-Carry in two wet and muddy classes recently and couldn't achieve a malfunction. It's also be the most accurate red dot gun for me, winning a walkback drill easily and I'm not a great shooter. Probably the closest I've come to buying performance. So I understand why it was chosen. Hate to feel like I'm following the herd but it's been outstanding so far.

The GOV guns I’ve had hands on have all had good triggers. They have a DHS specific SKU and are supposed
    To have the M17/18 coatings on the FCU parts so they may not be representative of commercial guns.
    The commercial M17 I handled last week was pretty nice. Good trigger and thumb safety.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    That’s what I was afraid of. I’m just hoping their shoddy quality control practices don’t get anyone killed.
    Based on my 20 years' service, I don't give much credence to anecdotal "evidence" from GIs...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Based on my 20 years' service, I don't give much credence to anecdotal "evidence" from GIs...
    I wonder how many of them have already pulled out the mag springs and stretched them because some dumbass told them it makes'em more reliable...
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The GOV guns I’ve had hands on have all had good triggers. They have a DHS specific SKU and are supposed
    To have the M17/18 coatings on the FCU parts so they may not be representative of commercial guns.
    I kinda expected this. I’d be surprised if SIG risked their .Gov contracts with commercial quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Solid rule! In my case, it's coming from a group that has spent a fair bit of time learning from and shooting with the AMU so I know they know how to shoot better than most. I can't recall if it was early this year or last that the other report came out about M17 issues during MHS and since running their FMJ. It makes no sense to me as well as civilian guns seem to run training ammo.
    Last edited by JHC; 11-14-2018 at 07:14 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I kinda expected this. I’d be surprised if SIG risked their .Gov contracts with commercial quality.
    Supposedly, the M-17 are built on a completely separate, independent line from the commercial guns.

Sig has been willing to quietly offer different "grades" of guns. I was told explicitly in Armorer's class to only buy duty guns from the IOP line. They never said what the differences were but I'd bet that the percentage of tool steel v. MIM parts may have varied.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Supposedly, the M-17 are built on a completely separate, independent line from the commercial guns.

Sig has been willing to quietly offer different "grades" of guns. I was told explicitly in Armorer's class to only buy duty guns from the IOP line. They never said what the differences were but I'd bet that the percentage of tool steel v. MIM parts may have varied.
    I don't suppose there's any way for us mere mortals to order an 'IOP' line M17 for ourselves, is there?

User Tag List