Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CAA Micro RONI for Glock

CAA Micro RONI for Glock

The Micro Roni is a thingee that incorporates a side folding SB Tactical brace, attaches to a Gen 3/4 Glock 17 or 19 (two separate products for 17 and 19), and has a rail that allows you to add a red dot, laser, etc. It is extremely lightweight, and folded, fits in the center console of a Ford truck. By pushing two buttons, and sliding out a piece, you can easily remove your Glock pistol if you prefer a pistol or want to make the RONI inert.

Name:  F134496A-336E-4C23-9AE8-E3BF7AAD836C.jpg
Views: 7328
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  4BD23277-3FFF-4E3D-924B-A233088E8F42.jpg
Views: 3775
Size:  100.8 KB

Shooting it for the first time this afternoon, it did everything you would expect it to, and functioned reliably for the 200 rounds we shot it with AE 115 ball and 124+P Gold Dot out of OEM 17 and 33 round magazines. We put an old RMR on it that we had hanging around. Accuracy was no better or worse than the Glock we put into the RONI. No, it doesn’t shoot as well as an HK SP5K, but then again it costs $300 not $2,000 plus. The only negative, was there was a sharp edge on the right side of the RONI, on the side folder, which made it unpleasant for my wife’s face. Subsequently, we sanded that down, and she will try it again.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Looks like a lot of fun, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Micro Roni is a thingee that incorporates a side folding SB Tactical brace, attaches to a Gen 3/4 Glock 17 or 19 (two separate products for 17 and 19), and has a rail that allows you to add a red dot, laser, etc. It is extremely lightweight, and folded, fits in the center console of a Ford truck. By pushing two buttons, and sliding out a piece, you can easily remove your Glock pistol if you prefer a pistol or want to make the RONI inert.

Name:  F134496A-336E-4C23-9AE8-E3BF7AAD836C.jpg
Views: 7328
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  4BD23277-3FFF-4E3D-924B-A233088E8F42.jpg
Views: 3775
Size:  100.8 KB

Shooting it for the first time this afternoon, it did everything you would expect it to, and functioned reliably for the 200 rounds we shot it with AE 115 ball and 124+P Gold Dot out of OEM 17 and 33 round magazines. We put an old RMR on it that we had hanging around. Accuracy was no better or worse than the Glock we put into the RONI. No, it doesn’t shoot as well as an HK SP5K, but then again it costs $300 not $2,000 plus. The only negative, was there was a sharp edge on the right side of the RONI, on the side folder, which made it unpleasant for my wife’s face. Subsequently, we sanded that down, and she will try it again.
    Looks useful George! What are those black pieces located at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions? Thumb rests for the offhand?

civiliandefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Looks useful George! What are those black pieces located at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions? Thumb rests for the offhand?

civiliandefender.com
    Hand stops to keep you back from the barrel!

Is that a light built into it?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Is that a light built into it?
    On order, but 500 lumens for $70, that goes right below the barrel.

I tried one once, and decided I like the naked pistol MUCH better.

GjM, curious what accuracy was like at extended distances? You are very good at distance with pistols so I am wondering if you see an improvement with the RONI at 25, 50, 100? Also curious if the optic seems to hold zero?
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    GjM, curious what accuracy was like at extended distances? You are very good at distance with pistols so I am wondering if you see an improvement with the RONI at 25, 50, 100? Also curious if the optic seems to hold zero?
    I have only shot it the one session, and that was just at 25 and in, but longer range and zero verification is the plan for next week.

CAA Micro RONI for Glock

Wonder if they will make a gen 5 model? Or if you can change slide stop on gen 5 to make it work? This looks like fun and is a reliable pistol “sbr” setup.

Edit— They do have gen 5 model. I may very well pick one up for my g17.5 that I do not use. The new nikon mrds would be perfect for her also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 04-13-2018 at 08:24 AM.

User Tag List