Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: American P210

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

American P210

I check this forum at least daily and was not aware that Sig has been shipping customer guns for five months or so. Interesting that P-F and P210 seem to be orthogonal, in spite of all the gun hipsterness around here. Haven’t even seen anyone say they’re going to wait to see how Sig screws the early adopters.

Correspondingly, it was on my list before I started spending more time here, and now it’s not.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I check this forum at least daily and was not aware that Sig has been shipping customer guns for five months or so. Interesting that P-F and P210 seem to be orthogonal, in spite of all the gun hipsterness around here. Haven’t even seen anyone say they’re going to wait to see how Sig screws the early adopters.

Correspondingly, it was on my list before I started spending more time here, and now it’s not.
    A Cohen P210 is just wrong.

If you really want a P210 there is supposed to be another batch of Danish service pistols availible soon.

I'd as soon buy a Chrysler K Car than a new made P210.

The old ones are things of beauty.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I own a 210a and love it; In the past I’ve owned a German 210 Target Legend as well as a Swiss made 210-4 but I have to say that I enjoy shooting my 210a equally. Quality-wise the American is equal to the German Legend and easily surpasses the Swiss made, German issued 210-4. The trigger on my 210a is near perfection and it’s so enjoyable to shoot that I sold off my CZ Shadow 2 which served the same purpose to me as a range toy.

Being a fan of the original P210 I have been interested in the P210A. I haven't checked one out in person but it has been getting surprisingly positive reviews on some of the SIG forums. A guy at the local range bought one and told me it shoots nicer then his German built Legacy P210. Hoping to try one out soon.

Site Supporter
    I refuse to touch the ones at the local fun shop - they're out of budget, and I can't tempt myself to entertain the thought of an original or cohen made one.

Site Supporter
    A P210 has always been on my grail list. Unfortunately... I've never had $2500 to spend on a gun.

I guess I'm not morally/philosophically/metaphysically opposed to the idea of an American P210... ahem "P210." But, I will admit that the "Swiss factor" is a defining point of attraction in the original. And I can't say I've been impressed with Cohen-Sig's track record over the past few years. But... if Sig ditches the goofy-looking target grips and it's still getting positive reviews after a year or so... maybe. I also recall hearing something about a slightly shorter-barreled version coming out, at some point? Like, a "carry" or "combat" or something?

Anyway... please tell me about these Danish service pistols...

P.S.- I had to look up "orthogonal." I think you mean... that the P210a's existence (good or bad) is a largely independent factor from PF's gun-hipster-ness.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 04-12-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Site Supporter
    Here's a thread about the Danish P210s...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns...P210/4-179453/

Some think there's a European law that mandates the guns must be scrapped? Which would suck tremendously...
    Last edited by MattyD380; 04-12-2018 at 10:01 AM.

I grabbed one of the new ones. It’s easily the best pistol Sig USA currently makes quality wise. Slide is like glass, fit and finish is top notch, trigger is regulated at the factory to be 3.25-3.75lbs and mine is 3.5 and breaks like glass. Range reports on the green Sig forum reported 1” groups at 25 yards with some ammo and users who have all variants say that the new ones compare to the old ones.

I know it’s cool to hate Sig here but this isn’t one model you should hate, it’s actually really really nice.

User Tag List