Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Syria Scorecard

Syria Scorecard

"Can't tell the playahs without a scorecard!"

Fascinating look at the Syria airstrikes, based on Open Source Intel. (OSINT.)

The Aviationist » Everything We Know (And No One Has Said So Far) About The First Waves Of Air Strikes On Syria.

I bet Trump was in the Situation Room. And he wasn't in any "little boy" chair, either.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Pretty impressive set of information from open source.

The air strikes required a huge tanker support.
    As my tanker buddies used to say, "Nobody kicks ass without tanker gas."

Looking at the maps of the sortie routes brought to mind maps of the routes of the Crusader expeditions.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    This is either an example of how not to do airstrikes (giving away locations of high value targets), or an example of giving away just enough info to try and prevent war with another superpower.

I've gotta make a list of the okay and humane ways of murdering one's citizens that don't require intervention. It's hard to keep the scorecard up to date.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've gotta make a list of the okay and humane ways of murdering one's citizens that don't require intervention. It's hard to keep the scorecard up to date.
    Systematic oppression, drug abuse, and criminalization of possession and sale of various things that result in a thriving black market with violent opposition between competitors.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think the list is currently three - 1) Nuclear, 2) Biological, 3) Chemical. These seem to fit the WMD - Weapons of Mass Destruction distinction. Regular bullets, bombs, artillery, knives and such appear to be acceptable. I agree with enforcing the "red line" on WMD.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Systematic oppression, drug abuse, and criminalization of possession and sale of various things that result in a thriving black market with violent opposition between competitors.
    Not what I had in mind...

...but okay if you needed to get that out there. Oppression / genocide would certainly meet the criteria. The others are a bit more nuanced than what I was driving at.

I was somewhat sardonically referring to methods like serrated bayonets being outlawed via convention etc...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

@jeep45238 hard to tell which tea leaves to read sometimes, eh?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    @jeep45238 hard to tell which tea leaves to read sometimes, eh?
    Not mutually exclusive. The same effect of preventing inadvertent interactions can be accomplished without revealing assets pretty easily.

There could be other political factors, but I’m not a politician for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List