Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best glock spring/trigger recommendations

Best glock spring/trigger recommendations

So, after shooting this weekend with my favorite glock trigger, the Arsenal Democracy Switch - I noticed that it fails the drop safety test in my lone wolf frame. This came after breaking 2.0 seconds on the bill drill from concealment consistently and sub 4.5 second FAST test. I was pretty devastated finding this out. In fact, a lot of my triggers do this in my lone wolf frames too. When I remove the slide and press down on the cruciform with the SWITCH trigger, the trigger bar drops down lower. Is this a valid test? If it's legit, then I definitely must change this up.

I am looking for recommendations on safe trigger alternatives that can be any combination of connectors and springs and shoes that reduce pre travel, lighten break, and shorten reset without compromising safety. You know, the standard good stuff. Also, as a recovering seismic flincher in anticipation of recoil, the rolling breaks are usually better for me. I also don't want to run the risk of any light strikes. (Might be asking for too much lol) Going to tag a few people that I think might have some insight as to the level of performance and speed I want to maintain with changing this stuff up. @Mr_White , @GJM, @Prdator , @AsianJedi

What have you guys found that works?

Thanks in advance!

Mark
    Last edited by markman; 04-23-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Of course, I dig my Agency trigger. Some dude on the interwebs just posted a video showing that it passed the test you referred to. Jedlinski05 = 5% off
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

@Tom_Jones has a list of the ones that work with the #SCD , I'd only look at those.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by AsianJedi View Post
    Of course, I dig my Agency trigger. Some dude on the interwebs just posted a video showing that it passed the test you referred to. Jedlinski05 = 5% off
    I love mine too. But it didn't pass the test on my guns... Even my trigger safety doesn't work properly on it - but I am thinking it could be a lone wolf frame issue. These damn things giving me the grip angle that I want and all the problems I never wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    @Tom_Jones has a list of the ones that work with the #SCD , I'd only look at those.
    Lol, I will gladly read that list and choose from there too. As his long instagram response to what I thought was a simple question definitely sold several of his SCDs.

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    I love mine too. But it didn't pass the test on my guns... Even my trigger safety doesn't work properly on it - but I am thinking it could be a lone wolf frame issue. These damn things giving me the grip angle that I want and all the problems I never wanted.
    Are you sure your trigger return spring is set properly and not dragging?
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

Quote Originally Posted by AsianJedi View Post
    Are you sure your trigger return spring is set properly and not dragging?
    Pretty sure. I have replaced it a few times in hopes that it was the culprit, but will check again.

I personally do not trust any aftermarket connectors, triggers/trigger bars, trigger housing units, firing pin safeties, firing pin safety springs, or firing pins. Nor do I trust those same modified OEM parts (new hole drilled, trigger changed to have less pre travel, etc.), other than cherry picking parts that work a little more nicely and polishing them. Now that we're talking about it, I'm not sure how I feel about an aftermarket frame either.

Those are the parts of the gun that together cause it to reliably fire when the trigger is pulled, not fire when the trigger is not pulled, and only fire ONE time when the trigger is pulled.

I'm not saying that all such aftermarket parts don't work right - I simply don't trust them myself.

I use a modestly light Glock trigger, with the OEM minus connector, and Wolff 5lb striker spring. It is critical that you vett ignition reliability yourself (mine works with all ammo I have shot - certainly with my carry ammo.) And you need to be at peace with the bundle of performance and potential legal aspects that come along with a lighter than stock trigger.

I don't look down on your choices. This is how I feel about it for myself. No issue with those who see fit to use them especially when they have addressed these issues to their satisfaction.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I personally do not trust any aftermarket connectors, triggers/trigger bars, trigger housing units, firing pin safeties, firing pin safety springs, or firing pins. Nor do I trust those same modified OEM parts (new hole drilled, trigger changed to have less pre travel, etc.), other than cherry picking parts that work a little more nicely and polishing them. Now that we're talking about it, I'm not sure how I feel about an aftermarket frame either.

Those are the parts of the gun that together cause it to reliably fire when the trigger is pulled, not fire when the trigger is not pulled, and only fire ONE time when the trigger is pulled.

I'm not saying that all such aftermarket parts don't work right - I simply don't trust them myself.

I use a modestly light Glock trigger, with the OEM minus connector, and Wolff 5lb striker spring. It is critical that you vett ignition reliability yourself (mine works with all ammo I have shot - certainly with my carry ammo.) And you need to be at peace with the bundle of performance and potential legal aspects that come along with a lighter than stock trigger.

I don't look down on your choices. This is how I feel about it for myself. No issue with those who see fit to use them especially when they have addressed these issues to their satisfaction.
    Thanks for the response. Yes - no judgments taken. I just like to get the opinions of those more knowledgeable and experienced, as I am learning that things aren't all they are cracked up to be. At one point, these upgrades improved my performance by overcoming poor fundamentals. Now that the fundamentals are getting more and more squared away, the upgrades are becoming more of a nuisance than a benefit.

Ditto what Mr_White wrote.

Every Glock I've seen go tits up in a class was full of aftermarket parts.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List