Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti 2A Attacks - Domestic Terrorism ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemsoldier View Post
    Yes, however, I am pointing out that I know a LOT of lefties that don't fit that characterization...as in the majority of the lefties I know. So I thought it worth pointing out.
    Are you sure the are not liberals instead of leftists ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Judas H Priest on a dildo-tipped pogo stick

For realz?
    Yep. 7 days for a David Hogg meme. It was this one.
    Attachment 25302

As far as my friend from high school goes, I'm trying to get his contact information. FB and messenger was how we had been staying in touch and now that he's deleted both I don't have a way to get updates on his situation.

The attacks and escalation mentioned in the OP is no different than the guy who shot up the GOP practice last year.

It has everything to do with the demonization of societal segments. Hitler did it to Jews, Gypsies and other unwanted classes. Lenin and Stalin did it as well. As have various us governments (blacks, Native Americans). As you demonize these segments the effect isn’t a controlled spiral and some folks go off the deep end faster than others. So you end up with the softball shooter, the guy who paints a car, smashes windows, burns down a range...

The end goal is always the same. Demonize the target group to the point where nobody gives a hoot what happens to them and ignores any governmental infringements. The random violent outbursts are just a side effect. Just look at the treatment cops are getting and the collateral damage it brings with it.

AFAIC all people need to get wise about OPSEC and PERSEC. In today’s climate gun owners and conservatives need to be just that much more aware. Just as we wouldn’t flaunt wads of cash while traversing a dark alley, we shouldn’t flaunt our political leanings anywhere. Sucks donkey balls, but it’s reality.

If you’re a conservative, gun owner and you still support liberals shithole business like Facebook you need to rethink your approach.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Are you sure the are not liberals instead of leftists ?
    OK, I can be more precise. They are US political progressives, the majority of which are registered Democrats, in a state where the state democratic party nominated Bernie Sanders in the lead-up to the 2016 election.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    So, you are hoping their hypocrisy knows some bounds?

Attachment 25301
    I can be somewhat hopeful and naive right?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I am glad the media and the left have the attention span of cocker spaniel... OH LOOK, SQUIRREL!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 4.18.53 PM.png
Views: 455
Size:  46.9 KB

I swear to god, it took about thirty seconds for me to realize your avatar was not a picture of RoboCop.

Er... what were we talking about? Oh, right:

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Remember when the occupy walls street guys were gonna sit in until the banks collapsed? Remember when the inauguration happened and the #RESIST was going to be fighting daily? Remember when the Million Moms Marched to end violence? They all peter out and fade away like a fart in the wind....
    Exactly. There's always going to be hardcore folks that are in it for the long haul, but the vast majority of people are just trying to convince themselves they stand for something by jumping on the hissy-fit bandwagon. Every time I log onto social media, there's a new mob telling me what I should be outraged about today.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

There's a nasty bit inside human nature which generally accepts that all people should be treated with the usual cultural rules of politeness... unless they are "bad".
    If they are "bad", they are now "out lawed", and you are allowed to treat them as horrifically as you can get away with. You can vent all your inner nastyness on them, because they are bad, and you are good, so that makes it a good act.

That it makes the good person just as nasty, or even nastier than the "bad" person doesn't enter their little pea brains.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Texas has some "unique" laws.

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...E/htm/PE.9.htm

It's a rather poor idea to spray paint a car here after dark.

There are entities, external to the United States, who would love to see us at each others throats. This is part of that.

I think the Leftists have given up on trying to push gun control at the Federal level and are now trying to work through the state/local level. There will continue to be bills introduced Federally, of course, but the main effort in DC will be in the Supreme Court. The rest is maskirovka.

There will, however, be a lot of State-level bills, including pushes challenging State pre-emption. Also initiative, especially in places (like WA) where you can pay the indigent in bath salts to scrounge up signatures, signature challenges are rare and ineffective -- especially for politically correct causes -- and the amendment process for initiatives is can best be described as onerous and time consuming.

The problem being, state-level pro-gun groups don't have the money to spend, or visibility, that NRA does, and NRA doesn't necessarily have the resources to devote at the state level, in all 50 states plus territories.

Also, arson to push a political cause is certainly terrorism.

As is vandalism of property, whatever the law in the jurisdiction may say.

Also also, just because you can't tie Black Blok/Anti-Fa/etc. to these events, or to Bloomberg/Soros/Steyer money, doesn't mean there's no connection.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List