Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti 2A Attacks - Domestic Terrorism ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The left are fascist and totalitarian fanatics. In no way is this surprising. They have no God, no family, often no jobs, and little happiness in their lives. This leads to them have no meaning, feeling like victims and being angry at the world. They are dangerous fools.

*Disclaimer- yes I know there are exceptions, yes I know they are atheists with meaningful happy lives, yes I know there are people without kids that have meaning (like me!), etc.
    While I think that descriptions like fascist and totalitarian aren't far off the mark, and sometimes are spot on, they don't really work well in our favor. People immediately discount what we have to say when we say that stuff, even if it's totally true. It's instantly chalked up as rhetoric by anyone who doesn't already have a pro-gun viewpoint.

I think the key is not in demonizing them, but showing how normal we are. I'm not saying some of them aren't really terrible people... but name calling generally doesn't help our side. The left uses name calling to make appeals to emotion, but our side using the same tactic doesn't really help promote a positive view of gun ownership.

-Cory

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Following the definition of terrorism - to affect political change through the use of violence or fear of the threat of violence - this Anti-2A attacks are not domestic terrorism.

They are, however, hate crimes. We only need one prosecutor with enough stones to prosecute it, to get "hate crimes" under review at the judicial level, particularly at the Federal Level. "Protected Class" status for gun owners would be, in effect, slamming the door on anti-gun rhetoric, violence, and legislation.

It'll never happen.

Until then, I suggest remaining grey and staying out of it.

PS: I think if I'd been the person who's car was vandalized in that fashion. I would sit on my front lawn with a shotgun on my lap and a sign that reads, "Get Out Gun Lover? Make Me."
    Under current United States law, set forth in the USA PATRIOT Act, acts of domestic terrorism are those which: "(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended – (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States."[2] [3] [4]
    The Arson in NC is a state crime dangerous to human life and clearly intended to coerce a civilian population.

Too sweeping Newb. I think it's much more than just exceptions to the rule that behave in line with the norms and standards we hold dear.

That said, I can't quote you numbers so take it for what it's worth. Just my belief that the middle of the bell curve is vastly larger than the tails...despite how much noise and aggravation the tails may be responsible for.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by XXXsilverXXX View Post
    Atleast we can hope they probably won’t go buy guns and shoot at people...
    So, you are hoping their hypocrisy knows some bounds?

Name:  tombstone-movie-image-val-kilmer-01.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  17.4 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

^^^I'd think those so inclined would believe the ends justify the means.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The left are fascist and totalitarian fanatics. In no way is this surprising. They have no God, no family, often no jobs, and little happiness in their lives. This leads to them have no meaning, feeling like victims and being angry at the world. They are dangerous fools.

*Disclaimer- yes I know there are exceptions, yes I know they are atheists with meaningful happy lives, yes I know there are people without kids that have meaning (like me!), etc.
    I know an entire church that is mostly lefties. They obviously have God, they have families, they nearly all have jobs and they seem a happy bunch. Go to a heavily African American church, largely the same Democrats with God, families, etc.

Likewise, I am a right wing atheist and know quite a few others like me, not a one off.

I have little use for the left and their collectivist aims are bad for freedom, but I think the viewpoint you present is greatly oversimplified and could lead to misjudging the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I just came off a 7 day ban for posting a David Hogg meme that had no threats or swear words in it. Fuck them.
    I have noticed a significant lack of David Hogg memes and interviews these past few days. The internet and 24 hour news cycle is fickle. He is old news, which is good. I am glad the media and the left have the attention span of cocker spaniel... OH LOOK, SQUIRREL!

(Remember when the occupy walls street guys were gonna sit in until the banks collapsed? Remember when the inauguration happened and the #RESIST was going to be fighting daily? Remember when the Million Moms Marched to end violence? They all peter out and fade away like a fart in the wind....)
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    While I think that descriptions like fascist and totalitarian aren't far off the mark, and sometimes are spot on, they don't really work well in our favor. People immediately discount what we have to say when we say that stuff, even if it's totally true. It's instantly chalked up as rhetoric by anyone who doesn't already have a pro-gun viewpoint.

I think the key is not in demonizing them, but showing how normal we are. I'm not saying some of them aren't really terrible people... but name calling generally doesn't help our side. The left uses name calling to make appeals to emotion, but our side using the same tactic doesn't really help promote a positive view of gun ownership.

-Cory
    People are not leftists because they are anti gun, and they're certainly not fascists because they are anti gun. The behavior described in the OP screams fascism/totalitarianism.

What we need to do is point out that in the grand schem of things, most of us are on the same side. Sure in the micro we have our differences, but conservatives, liberals, libertarians, and moderates all share more values wise than we don't. We also have a common enemy.

So you're right, language matters. When the terms fascists and totalitarian are used, it should be in the proper context and not used in a flippant manner. We also need people like me to be on the ideological attack, and we need people like you and blues who act as ombudsmen to people like me.

The movement we are up against is relatively small, but they control the media, universities, and the entertainment industry. So the people who act like this and who are the most divisive get a free pass in the macro. This is not some grand conspiracy, it's just the leaders in those industries share the same values, and they are better focused and organized than our side.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemsoldier View Post
    I know an entire church that is mostly lefties. They obviously have God, they have families, they nearly all have jobs and they seem a happy bunch. Go to a heavily African American church, largely the same Democrats with God, families, etc.

Likewise, I am a right wing atheist and know quite a few others like me, not a one off.

I have little use for the left and their collectivist aims are bad for freedom, but I think the viewpoint you present is greatly oversimplified and could lead to misjudging the opposition.
    Did you not read my disclaimer?

Did you not read my disclaimer?
    Yes, however, I am pointing out that I know a LOT of lefties that don't fit that characterization...as in the majority of the lefties I know. So I thought it worth pointing out.

User Tag List