Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti 2A Attacks - Domestic Terrorism ?

Site Supporter

Anti 2A Attacks - Domestic Terrorism ?

In the past few years, we have seen extremist groups on both the left such as Antifa, and the right, escalating their activities beyond law abiding protests into criminal activity and violence in the streets.

In the recent anti-gun activity after the Parkland school shooting, there there appears to have been a change in the gun control debate from issue based debate to personal, ad hominem attacks mirroring what we’ve seen in mainstream politics. Along these lines, we’ve seen control advocates calling the NRA “domestic terrorists,” “Kill the NRA” billboards, etc.

Name:  9FD1EC93-0144-4BF4-8DB3-C3F20EA7FB62.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  45.2 KB

Words have meaning and consequences. In addition to the recent arson of a NC shooting range, Ive seen reports of gun owners cars being vandalized - spray painted with “get out Gun Lover”. Etc.

Name:  35E6493B-8B34-4897-86B3-342EF24630A5.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  43.2 KB

Name:  7480B238-E63A-47DA-B499-5D0AA16C26E9.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  51.4 KB

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0914064&type=3

We have previously seen a gun control advocate attack an elderly concealed carrier in a FL Walmart and threats to engage in “SWATing” gun owners. Needless to say if this trend continues its only a matter of time before it ends in someone getting hurt or killed.

Have you seen or heard of other examples of this ?

How can we counter this trend before it gains steam ?

North Carolina Gun Range Goes Up In Flames In Obvious Case Of Arson

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/04/nor...#axzz5CGdIcU2D

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2018/04/nor...#ixzz5CNocWh4k
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Early Monday morning, a North Carolina gun range, Triad Active Shooters Klub (TASK), outside Greensboro/Winston Salem North Carolina lost multiple structures and covered firing ports in an apparent case of sophisticated and deliberate arson carried out by numerous unknown perpetrators.

The fire started around 4:33 a.m. on April 2nd, 2018 at Triad Action Shooters Klub on Fuller Mill road in Trinity NC.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-11-2018 at 12:08 PM.

That's fucked up...and doesn't bode well. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, HCM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Not directed to this thread but reflective of the sentiment is a comment from a Florida school board member. She stated that one reason for not arming teachers was to prevent purchase and legalization of more guns. I fear that we are seeing the tip of the iceberg of mass ignorance and stupidity. As a retired teacher, for years I've been aware of this iceberg. However, somebody(?)is orchestrating at least a part of this movement. No tinfoil comments, please.

A friend from high school shares a lot of pro gun, constitution, and freedom related articles. Not Breitbart stuff either, well written, fact based articles. His profile is and has always been public so he gets yahoos commenting on occasion. About a month ago, some crazy cunt started commenting on everything he posted. She started another wild ass argument with him in the comments section, to which he politely, yet boldly, #rekt her with facts. She went on and threatened to have him swatted, threatened to burn his house down, hoped his kids got shot in a mass shooting, all of which was saved via screen shots. She is local to him, but he doesn't know her personally. He blocked her, spoke to the local PD about it so it's on record just in case. Her comments were reported to FB, to which she was given a 3 day ban. I just came off a 7 day ban for posting a David Hogg meme that had no threats or swear words in it. Fuck them.

Last week, someone called his work and left a message with the front office saying they were a detective with the local PD and needed to speak to him about child molestation allegations that had been made against him. HR and his bosses know that a real detective would not call a secretary and say what they were investigating, but given what he does for a living even that phone call placed him on paid leave until the company could verify that the call was bogus. He got a paid 5 day weekend out of it while it was being sorted out, but I think he'd rather have not had to deal with it. The PD is investigating the phony call, but haven't said much about whether they think it's the crazy cunt or not.

He's never been disrespectful, or called anyone names on FB that has disagreed with him. In fact, he's the kind of guy you'd want to debate your side of things. He opted to delete his FB account and won't be coming back. I have a feeling it's going to get much worse.

Following the definition of terrorism - to affect political change through the use of violence or fear of the threat of violence - this Anti-2A attacks are not domestic terrorism.

They are, however, hate crimes. We only need one prosecutor with enough stones to prosecute it, to get "hate crimes" under review at the judicial level, particularly at the Federal Level. "Protected Class" status for gun owners would be, in effect, slamming the door on anti-gun rhetoric, violence, and legislation.

It'll never happen.

Until then, I suggest remaining grey and staying out of it.

PS: I think if I'd been the person who's car was vandalized in that fashion. I would sit on my front lawn with a shotgun on my lap and a sign that reads, "Get Out Gun Lover? Make Me."
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 04-11-2018 at 01:10 PM.

I would be more scared of these psychos burning someone out of their house...or worse. Atleast we can hope they probably won’t go buy guns and shoot at people...

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I mostly think this is just the latest iteration of people being furious at whatever's trendy to be furious at. Give it another five months, and we'll all be at each other's throats over something else.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Hopefully this doesn't result in folks getting shot for property crimes.

A few locations allow lethal force to prevent arson, in some limited scenarios, but generally speaking you can't shoot someone for spray painting your car. I know that, most forum members here know that. I hope that the average gun owner who stumbles on this behavior knows that. I don't want their life to be ruined with an unjustified shooting and I don't want the firearms advocate message to be hurt by it. I do fear that it's just a matter of time until someone is shot pressing their luck.

In my opinion the best way to counter this is to continue to act like rational members of society. Don't hide your viewpoint, don't throw it in other's faces either, and just act like a normal person. The folks who are harassing a reasonable, rational, productive member of society will eventually be viewed as the irrational, intolerant, and occasionally violent people they are. In the meantime we need to stay rational, defend our views, and encourage like minded voting.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    A friend{stuff}...
    Judas H Priest on a dildo-tipped pogo stick

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I just came off a 7 day ban for posting a David Hogg meme that had no threats or swear words in it. Fuck them.
    For realz?

Site Supporter
    The left are fascist and totalitarian fanatics. In no way is this surprising. They have no God, no family, often no jobs, and little happiness in their lives. This leads to them have no meaning, feeling like victims and being angry at the world. They are dangerous fools.

*Disclaimer- yes I know there are exceptions, yes I know they are atheists with meaningful happy lives, yes I know there are people without kids that have meaning (like me!), etc.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 04-11-2018 at 02:14 PM.

User Tag List