Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Anti 2A Attacks - Domestic Terrorism ?

Site Supporter
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.f548721d1c4c

Protesters target NRA lobbyist’s home and wife’s business

National Rifle Association lobbyist Chris Cox says his house was splashed with fake blood — twice.

Then, someone made a fake website for his wife’s interior design business, altering images of artwork to show photos of child gun-violence victims.

Last week, two gun-control activists protested outside Cox’s Alexandria, Va., home and handed out fliers outside his wife’s nearby business.

“Mr. and Mrs. Cox have been targeted over the past few months by repeated acts of criminal and unlawful conduct, including having their home vandalized on two occasions,” Elizabeth Locke, attorney for the Cox family, said in a statement. “These coordinated tactics have crossed the line of civility and human decency.”
    Last edited by HCM; 04-23-2018 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    “These coordinated tactics..."
    So, multiple counts of conspiracy to commit various offenses?
    Last edited by Drang; 04-23-2018 at 01:38 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

That's beyond the pale.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    ...{A}rson to push a political cause is certainly terrorism.

As is vandalism of property, whatever the law in the jurisdiction may say.

Also also, just because you can't tie Black Blok/Anti-Fa/etc. to these events, or to Bloomberg/Soros/Steyer money, doesn't mean there's no connection.
    Quoting oneself may be considered gauche under some circumstances, but if I'm going to repeat myself, this is how I'd rather do it.

So, let me add that doxing to push a political or socio-economic agenda is terrorism.

I had a crappy night at work, otherwise I might weasel-word it, and edit my original statement, to read that "vandalism and doxing might be terrorism." But I had too deal with to much BS the past 10 hours or so to have the patience for that.
    Last edited by Drang; 04-23-2018 at 08:11 AM.
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's beyond the pale.
    Nothing surprises me anymore.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by K.Hungus View Post
    I am mildly surprised that it took them this long to do this to Cox or LaPierre.

I had a Marine friend who had one of those jackets with "When I kill, all I feel is the recoil of my rifle" on the back. (IIRC, it was a unit thing.)

Some grass eater saw it and said "You're crazy!"

He said "Who's crazier? The guy with the jacket, or the guy who's insulting him?"

If we were as dangerous as they claim, baiting us would be the most dangerous job in America...
    Last edited by Drang; 04-23-2018 at 09:25 AM.
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by K.Hungus View Post
    Agree. Not surprised. Just disgusted.

You wanna protest? Have at it. Leave people's families, home and property alone...lest you invite the same to yours.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The individual who sprayed the Cox house should know better, given that she’s a tenure-line PhD sociology prof at a major state university. Someone needs to learn how to use their words.

Site Supporter

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/23...ists-home.html

Professor found guilty of spraying fake blood at NRA lobbyist's home

A sociology professor from Nebraska who was accused of spraying fake blood on the steps of a National Rifle Association lobbyist's home in January was convicted Monday of misdemeanor destruction of property.

Patricia Hill, a University of Nebraska-Lincoln faculty member, was ordered to pay a $500 fine and stay away from lobbyist Chris Cox after she vandalized his home in Alexandria, Va.

She already had a temporary restraining order that prohibits her from going near Cox’s wife’s business or the NRA offices in Virginia and Washington, D.C.
    Despite the prosecution, anti-gun activists have come out in support of the professor. Melody Vaccaro, vice president of Nebraskans Against Gun Violence, told the Post that Cox was a hypocrite for trying to prosecute and demand a protective order against Hill while continuing to lobby for open carry laws in the U.S.

“We think this is the NRA using the criminal justice system to rain terror on regular people,” Vaccaro said.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-24-2018 at 08:54 PM.

User Tag List