Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm C

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Compact type D or C does not exist beyond some prototypes in Italy. Never produced or industrialized.

We have made SubCompacts in D and C variants.
    Are the full sized C, and D variants availible for commercial sales? I recall they were LE Agency only.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Are the full sized C, and D variants availible for commercial sales? I recall they were LE Agency only.
    There has to have been some C variants available for commercial sale as I found one on GB with three-dot sights. The label on the box does not reference LE or agency sales, but it specifies the USA market.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/763403943

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    I am awaiting my full size to be done, drilling for a red dot
    I for one would be interested in more details once you get the gun ready.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I for one would be interested in more details once you get the gun ready.

I would be interested in which red dot you went with and how you set it up with FPB.

I have a Burris Fast Fire III I plan to install on a plat that mounts to rear sight dovetail. It has a hole for FPB.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They are LE only, although there have been some available surplus on the Commercial market in the past.

Also, the slides/fire controls are available at Brownells to anyone.
    Last edited by e_stern; 04-16-2018 at 10:46 AM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto View Post
    I have a Burris Fast Fire III I plan to install on a plat that mounts to rear sight dovetail. It has a hole for FPB.
    http://ustacticalsupply.com/sightmou...erettapx4.aspx

This thing?

IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter

This thing?

No. It is actually a Burris part number:

410319 All Glock & Beretta PX4 Storm

Of all places, Sears.com appears to have them in stock. Optics planet has 5 as well (although picture is wrong)

https://m.sears.com/burris-fastfire-...SPM14282281119

https://www.opticsplanet.com/v/41031...ll-glocks.html

FWIW, Beretta has owned Burris since 2002. If you peruse the carry optics page for Burris, their team shooter photo shows a PX4 with the FastFire optic mounted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto View Post
    I would be interested in which red dot you went with and how you set it up with FPB.

This thing?

The inventor is a member here and on the Beretta forum. I bought that sight mount brand, as I wanted the rear sight, which the included Burris II fastfire (with the PX4 shown on the box of them both), doesn't have. Supposed to drill one hole, which is what I am having done, but we joke that the slide is made of undrillium.
    I had tritium vials put in it, so I could pull that off and use it with night sights. I only wish it was produced to co-witness.
    The reason I am doing it on the full size type C gun, is I have the parts to make it a type D, or hybrid as well and want to play with it as an experiment at the range, not carry gun. I would need to really be convinced before hybridizing the subcompact C variant which I have, for my own piece of mind verse liability.

Looks like I am going to get a chance to experiment with the PX4 Type C as the one I found arrived at my FFL yesterday. In fact, my FFL opened the shipping box in front of me. I got to dry fire it, but I did not yet transfer it as my FFL had not yet logged it into his "bound book" and I was there on a quick stop to grab something else. The brief time I spent with it showed the trigger is promising. Not quite as light as P30 light LEM but lighter and smoother than the original S&W 3rd Generation DAO. The trigger travel is also not as long as the P30 LEM.

Sights on the other hand are deficient (well, not the best for my eyes), especially after using the PX4 Carry sights. I see I will be spending a bit more at LTT to fix that.

I am still amazed at how long these (all of the PX4 pistols) pistols escaped much serious attention. Right now, my biggest issue is detail stripping these beasts. Makes me really appreciate the Glock design.

User Tag List