Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help identifying this S&W revolver

Site Supporter
    Unless you can have a very good tech inspection done on that, I'd pass. Since the finish was clearly done by a less than competent source, I'd be concerned they over polished/damaged critical areas. Plus, it looks like it belongs in a low end whorehouse..
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Unless you can have a very good tech inspection done on that, I'd pass. Since the finish was clearly done by a less than competent source, I'd be concerned they over polished/damaged critical areas. Plus, it looks like it belongs in a low end whorehouse..
    What Wayne said!

I had a Smith (thought it was nickel plated first, but I wasn’t that lucky) as a loaner issued gun (M15) for a time and once you crack the finish, it gets ugly (uglier) quick. Unless you want to have it blasted and maybe refinished, with NP3? Also, uneven chrome application can cause the mechanism to turn, “heavily,” at some points of the operation cycle, meaning you might have 4/6 turns of the cylinder that have a 12lb. DA pull, and two turns that have an 18lb. DA pull. And that’s no good!

civiliandefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Haha....It's a co-worker that's looking to buy it, from the family of an officer that worked here years and years ago. They won't name a price. I'll tell him to make a low-ball offer. He collects old stuff from our department, that's really the only reason he wants it.

It's pinned, (likely) recessed, polished, and with plasti-pearl. What's not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    It's pinned, (likely) recessed, polished, and with plasti-pearl. What's not to love?
    Only magnums were recessed.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Haha....It's a co-worker that's looking to buy it, from the family of an officer that worked here years and years ago. They won't name a price. I'll tell him to make a low-ball offer. He collects old stuff from our department, that's really the only reason he wants it.
    Tell him to offer no more than $250.00 and start at $200, if he really wants it. At best it's a nightstand/truck/throw down gun. Matter of fact, a little duct tape wrapped around the grip would complete the fung shway.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 04-10-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Only magnums were recessed.
    So, (highly unlikely) recessed. I still love the pimp bling, and you can't take that away from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Tell him to offer no more than $250.00 and start at $200, if he really wants it. At best it's a nightstand/truck/throw down gun. Matter of fact, a little duct tape wrapped around the grip would complete the fung shway.
    Nightstand/truck/throw away came to mind for me as well.
    Last edited by StraitR; 04-10-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Oh, now we're editing. ok. Um, nothing to see here, move along.
    It does have a certain late 50s-early 60s southern border flair.

LOL. I got nothing.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    So, (highly unlikely) recessed.
    I would guess, without any research, if you found a recessed Model 15, it would probably be worth a fair amount.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List