Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHO Drawing

WHO Drawing

The video was really helpful.

The WHO-draw-ballet is a new-to-me method. I had previously only seen the behind-the-back draw.
    Last edited by JV_; 02-08-2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: This is a thread split from the Iron Cross discussion.

Well, if you can't get to your gun behind-the-back (you might not be able to) you need to get to it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Well, if you can't get to your gun behind-the-back (you might not be able to) you need to get to it somehow.
    Doesn't everyone travel with a helper monkey?

Although, from a safety perspective, tucking my gun into my gut to switch my grip as something I do repetitions of on the range is a little scary to me.

You need to run it dry several times first.

I recall a few months back reading of an incident during training somewhere, a student shot himself through the heart (fatally) rolling his pistol across his chest. That was a little different than demo'd across the abdomen. I think I'll stick to the reach around back. Or a big plus for appendix carry.
    Last edited by JHC; 02-08-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: additional point
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

That article did a good job emphasizing the important factors in that incident. And I thought some of Ken Hackathorns live fire drills were pushing the envelope.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Or a big plus for appendix carry.
    A few of us on P-F are still trying to figure out a (relatively) graceful way of drawing WHO from appendix carry.

I carry close enough to 12:00 that I can contort my left wrist enough to grasp the grip, but I imagine that the further you move away from centerline, the harder this will be.

Two things to highlight from that article:
    • ...trying an advanced firing technique with a weapon he wasn't familiar with using.
    • The skill Seymour was learning when he died is not required to get a concealed weapons permit in Missouri.

Both seem like contributing, but avoidable, factors to this unfortunate death. I'm glad to see the sheriff is reviewing whether the instructor should continue teaching this course.

User Tag List