Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Cohen and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Michael Cohen and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/...niels-matters/

And, here. We. Go...

The FEC illegal campaign contributions would likely get him just a home vacation with an ankle bracelet (in Trump Tower of all places). The wire fraud...well, that can be a real problem. Like, a 20-year problem.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I can't say for certain, but I'd guess that getting a judge to sign of on a search warrant for a lawyer's office, considering whom his client is, took a fair amount of convincing. I would not be shocked to learn that they have enough evidence against Cohen for an arrest before they launched the raid.

And nobody saw this coming. Deep-submergence submarines leak more than Mueller's office does.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

my kid loved those Alexander books... partially because his name *IS* Alexander.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I keep mulling over this while trying unsuccessfully to distract my mind, because...

In my opinion unless they dig up some criminal activities worthy of the raid, this may well be a display of the end of true attorney-client privelige.

In which case our justice system doesn't have far to go, in the downward direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    And nobody saw this coming. Deep-submergence submarines leak more than Mueller's office does.
    Mueller is the type of guy who defines that stereotype of lawyers, "Everyone hates them, until they need them."

The dude is quite fascinating and the many lies and crossed lies that built a web are coming apart. I'm afraid Mr. Trump and his crew forget the first rule of lying, keep it simple. And then they forgot the second rule of lying (the one HRC has down pat) kill all the witnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    this may well be a display of the end of true attorney-client privelige.
    Why?

Attorney-client privilege has never applied to being party to criminal enterprise. This isn't anything new.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Why?

Attorney-client privilege has never applied to being party to criminal enterprise. This isn't anything new.
    That's exactly why I'm hoping they have something real, none of this wild goose chase nonsense like Russiagate.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Mueller is the type of guy who defines that stereotype of lawyers, "Everyone hates them, until they need them."

The dude is quite fascinating and the many lies and crossed lies that built a web are coming apart. I'm afraid Mr. Trump and his crew forget the first rule of lying, keep it simple. And then they forgot the second rule of lying (the one HRC has down pat) kill all the witnesses.
    Just so there is no confusion, this is not Mueller. This search warrant was executed by FBI's NYC FO under U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York - NOT Mueller's Special Counsel or the agents assigned to his Russia investigation. Sure, the leads came from Mueller's investigation into Cohen's bank records, but he took the evidence to his boss, Rod Rosenstein, who deemed it outside of the Special Counsel's Russia scope. Rosenstein then referred it to the local U.S. Attorney. Just so we are crystal clear, the current U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of NY is Geoffrey Berman - a Sessions and Trump appointee. That means that a Trump appointee who has been in office for just a year signed off on this warrant. Let that sink in for a minute...

Here is the scoop on Berman if your are interested; Cliff's Notes version - his is not an idiot or Leftist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Berman

The practical implications are very severe for Trump. This means there is a second criminal probe involving his closest associates and a second federal grand jury out there examining evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I can't say for certain, but I'd guess that getting a judge to sign of on a search warrant for a lawyer's office, considering whom his client is, took a fair amount of convincing. I would not be shocked to learn that they have enough evidence against Cohen for an arrest before they launched the raid.

A bunch of people saw this coming or something very similar. In his infinite wisdom, Cohen painted himself into a corner with his public statements where he either: 1) made illegal campaign contributions (and possible wire fraud along the way), 2) committed a major ethical breech by acting without his client's consent, or 3) caused the campaign to commit fraud. There is a very narrow path of legality that he might be able to navigate if people are willing to discount his prior statements to the media and suspend their hold on logic.
    Last edited by Sensei; 04-09-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    my kid loved those Alexander books... partially because his name *IS* Alexander.
    I’ve got an Alexander too.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    I keep mulling over this while trying unsuccessfully to distract my mind, because...

In my opinion unless they dig up some criminal activities worthy of the raid, this may well be a display of the end of true attorney-client privelige.
    You can't use the privilege to shield illegal activities by an attorney on behalf of a client.

Other point is that this part of the investigation is being handled by the Federal prosecutors in NYC (Southern district of NY). The Federal prosecutor there is a political appointee who was appointed by Donald Trump.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 04-10-2018 at 07:20 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List