Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Nugent's latest stupidity

Ted Nugent's latest stupidity

Ned Nugent's latest stupid comments: That made the headlines: "NRA’s Ted Nugent compares Democrats to "rabid coyotes": "Keep your gun handy, and every time you see one, you shoot one"

Here is the complete context:

"Don't ask why," Nugent said. "Just know that evil, dishonesty and scam artists have always been around and that right now they're liberal, they're Democrat, they're RINOs, they're Hollywood, they're fake news, they're media, they're academia, and they're half of our government, at least."

"So come to that realization," he continued. "There are rabid coyotes running around, you don't wait till you see one to go get your gun, keep your gun handy. And every time you see one, shoot one."

Nugent is an NRA boardmember. He may be a celebrity and that may bring more attention to the NRA (and presumably NRA appeal to whatever fans he has). But in my opinion any NRA board member who says such stupid things that represents our side so badly needs to be removed. He is not helping matters and portraying gun owners in the worst possible light.

Ted Nugent is a huge liability to the NRA to make remarks suggesting or equating shooting anyone like they were Coyotes.

If I was not a gunowner or a casual gunowner (like some people I know who own a few guns--none of them semiauto military style weapons) who was not familiar with the issues, it would give me a very negative view of the NRA.

I would not be inclined to join, and it would definitely make me conclude that some type of mechanism that some states have that strip dangerous people of their guns should be employed on him. I might even question the wisdom of allowing people to own high capacity semiauto weapons. I have seen some gun owners who own a few guns and think that their revolver or shotgun is the most anyone would need for home defense or carry. Some of these people believe that more capable firearms--like miitary styled semiauto rifles should be restricted or banned. These are people we have to reach out to and point out that we are all all in this together and that antigunners want to outlaw all guns a little bit at a time. Remind them that the antigun Violence Policy Coalition used to be called the Coalition To Ban Handguns and that former supreme court justice Stevens wished that we could repeal the second amendment.

Some gunowners can be the worst enemies to gun rights. Listening to Nugent on how to deal with democrats or antigunners is like listening to the grand wazo of the KKK on how to deal with crime and criminals in inner city Chicago.

He certainly has the right to express his own opinions, but when those opinions reflect so badly on gunowners . . .

Links to articles that contains the video are at the bottom of this post.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...one-you/219877

And: https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/07/polit...tes/index.html
    Last edited by Ed L; 04-08-2018 at 02:49 PM.

*sigh* Nugent has always been a loud, abrasive, divisive personality, but even in context, that comment sounds bad.

The last time I paid any attention at all to Ted Nugent was when his biggest hit “Cat Scratch Fever” was playing in heavy rotation on the radio.

He's a douche nozzle without any redeeming qualities.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Ted Nugent's latest stupidity

What a dick.

“Gun people” are often our own worst enemy.: threats, open carry, etc.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-08-2018 at 03:50 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Not to mention meretricious and mendacious....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I've come to the conclusion that narcissist, draft-dodging, pedophiles like Nugent are the rabid coyotes that need to be put down.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-artful-dodger/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry...b_4840060.html

Nugent doesn't need to be shot - he needs to be discredited, and so do all the people who listen to his crap. We carry firearms to protect ourselves from criminals who would harm us. From where I sit Nugent is either a criminal or someone who is encouraging criminality.
    Last edited by Jaywalker; 04-08-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    I despise this guy. Every independent who reads his remarks is going to walk away thinking the Dems are right about the NRA.

I'm as pro-gun as anyone here, but as a more moderate person politically it's consistently surprising how tone-deaf the NRA can be about alienating middle-of-the-road people. This is a critical time and we can't have people like Nugent as the public face of the shooting community.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Not to mention meretricious and mendacious....
    Okay, I had to look those words up..... Spot on!

User Tag List