Thread: 25-yard drills?

25-yard drills?

My most convenient range only has 25, 50, 75 and 100 yard targets, and doesn’t allow drawing from the holster.

Within those constraints, what would you do for a practice session?

Go to a less convenient range? Twenty five yard minimum doesn't give many options for defensive handgun practice. Most drills I've seen on PF that include 25 yards usually begin much closer then move back to 25.

I've frequented some outdoor rifle ranges that begin at 25 and it felt the options were pretty limited for handgun practice. I'm interested in what ideas others might have.

-------------------------------------------
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
    Last edited by SkippySanchez; 04-07-2018 at 08:54 PM.

If you can't draw, go from some kind of ready position....no problem.

25 yards is a great place to practice speed and accuracy. Wherever you need to improve - it can be easily seen at 25 yards.

If you don't have Ben Stoeger's Skills and Drills there he talks a bit about 25 yards drills and a drill of 2 shots to the A zone in 2 seconds. You will test your ability to index to the correct aiming point, trigger control, grip, shot calling, controlling the pistol through recoil and trigger control and calling the second shot.

I derived a drill from this called the "GM Test."
    A71593

500 Aggregate (see current DoW).

700 Aggregate

F2S @ 25
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

You could do Defoor's pistol test no 2 from the ready, just subtract half to one second for the par time.

https://youtu.be/GcoBHmXHxMk

Sayoc's pistol test is 10 rounds freestyle, 5 rounds each SHO/WHO. Passing score 150.

User Tag List