Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JM Custom 2.5 Steel Spring Clip, Mod Wing VP9

JM Custom 2.5 Steel Spring Clip, Mod Wing VP9

I've been carrying firearms professionally for close to 30 years. I've tried so many holsters looking for the one that offers a few nice features, not one that could necessarily do it all, but just do a few things good. I've never found that holster until now.

Ive been carrying the VP9 AIWB for several years and have gone through multiple holster makers and heard recently from an LEO friend that JM Custom was offering a "steel" 1.5" clip as well as "Mod" wing. I called JM, confirmed this and immediately I ordered one. 5 days later it arrived. It was love at first sight. I have taught 3 classes and have worn it daily and absolutely amazed at the quality of fit/finish, ease of concealment, comfort, retention and ride of this holster. I mean the quality of this holster is beyond describable.

This steel clip will not move on your belt at all, it's absolutely the best steel clip I've ever used. The Mod wing tucks under the belt and does a fantastic job at canting the grip for maximum concealment. The comfort when driving is unparalleled to any other holster I've used. Does not dig into your thigh/groin area at all. I could go on and on with my love for this product. After years and years of searching and 5 drawers full of leather/kydex rigs, I've found the perfect holster in every imaginable way and expectation. I highly recommend the JM Custom 2.5 Steel Clip and Mod wing***** This holster does it ALL. Thanks JM Custom
    Last edited by HALO51; 04-07-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Pics please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    Yeah I'd like to see a pic as well. I can't visualize how the steel clip is used on a 2.5 holster.

I've never posted pics and can't find a way to do it. if someone wants me to emai/text pics I'll be happy to do that and maybe someone with knowledge can post the pics. Just PM me and I'll send pics. When I looked on JM Custom website it didn't show this set-up as an option. I called, spoke to Tony and he told me about the "steel" clips he just got in and he said the holster comes with 2 sizes of "Mod wings" I'm using the large wing. Absolute stellar set-up

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    I've been carrying firearms professionally for close to 30 years. I've tried so many holsters looking for the one that offers a few nice features, not one that could necessarily do it all, but just do a few things good. I've never found that holster until now.

Ive been carrying the VP9 AIWB for several years and have gone through multiple holster makers and heard recently from an LEO friend that JM Custom was offering a "steel" 1.5" clip as well as "Mod" wing. I called JM, confirmed this and immediately I ordered one. 5 days later it arrived. It was love at first sight. I have taught 3 classes and have worn it daily and absolutely amazed at the quality of fit/finish, ease of concealment, comfort, retention and ride of this holster. I mean the quality of this holster is beyond describable.

This steel clip will not move on your belt at all, it's absolutely the best steel clip I've ever used. The Mod wing tucks under the belt and does a fantastic job at canting the grip for maximum concealment. The comfort when driving is unparalleled to any other holster I've used. Does not dig into your thigh/groin area at all. I could go on and on with my love for this product. After years and years of searching and 5 drawers full of leather/kydex rigs, I've found the perfect holster in every imaginable way and expectation. I highly recommend the JM Custom 2.5 Steel Clip and Mod wing***** This holster does it ALL. Thanks JM Custom
    HALO51, that is awesome!! Glad you like it and that it is working for you. Thanks for the business!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Yeah I'd like to see a pic as well. I can't visualize how the steel clip is used on a 2.5 holster.
    Guys, this is not the spring steel clip, this is the same style of clip as the plastic ones but it is steel, FYI.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Posted at the request of HALO51

Name:  IMG950441.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  47.9 KB
    Name:  IMG950442.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  39.1 KB
    Name:  IMG950440.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  48.0 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Guys, this is not the spring steel clip, this is the same style of clip as the plastic ones but it is steel, FYI.
    Slight diversion, but Tony, is it possible to use this sort of clip with the AIWB mag pouch?

Also, how does this new claw/mod wing compare to the previous version? Is it made to not give aggressive of a tuck, and smaller for that reason?
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 04-08-2018 at 10:27 PM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Slight diversion, but Tony, is it possible to use this sort of clip with the AIWB mag pouch?

Also, how does this new claw/mod wing compare to the previous version? Is it made to not give aggressive of a tuck, and smaller for that reason?
    Hot Sauce, no re the steel clip and mag pouch, they come with one hole pattern already in them which is too wide for mag pouches. I am working on a different clip (actually an overhook) option for the mag pouch. The new Mod Wing solves the one problem, IMO, of the Raven claw. Over rotation of the grip which makes the rear sight and slide print. This doesn't happen for everyone, and usually happens to smaller guys or when you push the holster closer to a 2:00 carry. Because the Mod Wing sits right below the trigger guard, it is a good half an inch narrower (guessing on the half an inch as I don't have one in front of me) so less over torqueing and with the 2 widget sizes, can be dialed in a little more by the end user. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Tony--is the new Mod Wing compatible with older wing holsters like the AIWB 2.5? If so, is there a place we can buy the new wings?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List