Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Modernized' 1911 WW1 repro.

'Modernized' 1911 WW1 repro.

Frontstrap and mainspring housing checkering by Pete Single.
    Chuck Rogers
    www.RogersPrecision.com
    Cheap-Fast-Good............pick any two.

Site Supporter
    That’s perfect to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are my favorite kind of customs, likely because there are so few of them done. There were pics of a fantastic Colt ANVIII repro THUG rolling around (on M4C I think) before the Photobucket shenanigans. I love the repro customs. Outstanding work Chuck.

The perfect example of the phrase form follows function. Thanks for sharing. Nice pics!

When I buy a 1911 someday this is what it will look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's old school custom. Absolutely beautiful.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Nice.

@pistolwrench - what's the finish on this? Parked? Looks good.

ETA: I am in awe of the "gap" between the front sight and its dovetail. That's fitting...holy jeebus.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 04-07-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Pseudo parked?
    I don't really know.
    I first blasted with fresh 120 grit Aluminum Oxide, then parkerized using manganese phosphate.
    So at that point it's officially parked.
    But then I applied a custom mixed coat of Cerakote. 70% Graphite Black/30% Sniper Grey.
    I was attempting to maintain the cosmetic appeal of 'parkerizing' while providing a much more protective
    finish.
    Chuck Rogers
    www.RogersPrecision.com
    Cheap-Fast-Good............pick any two.

'Modernized' 1911 WW1 repro.

That gun truly is beautiful. I can’t think of a better word to describe it. As RevolverRob said, everything looks to be fitted perfectly. I’m not a huge 1911 guy but I can appreciate fine craftsmanship and this gun has seen that in spades. There doesn’t seem to be a single sharp edge on this pistol and everything is blended so well. I’ve gone back to this thread to drool over the photos a few times and that’s not something I’ve done more than a couple of times. Interestingly, when I do go back to drool over photos, they’re usually photos of guns you’ve worked on.

What made you choose a white bead on the front sight over a brass or gold bead? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a white one used before.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 04-08-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List