Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extraction issues in M&P 2.0's-- widespread issue or no???

Extraction issues in M&P 2.0's-- widespread issue or no???

I asked this in the Compact thread but no reply so making separate thread. Any further info on this from police issued guns or individual users? I remember 2 or 3 people on this forum having issues with early full size guns but haven't heard about it anywhere else. Was it a bad extractor or something more that is the cause? My gun purchased March 2017 is flawless so far but only at 1400 rounds currently.

Site Supporter
    I'm a little over 2K through my 2.0C without issue. Another one set to arrive Monday, once it warms up/dry's up I'll start vetting that one.

Site Supporter
    I have a combined 11,000 rounds through two 2.0's. No extraction problems, or anything else for that matter.

Site Supporter
    I have two M&P 2.0 Compact 9mms and no issues yet - one has about 1500 rounds and one has about 200 - almost all my reloads. My shooting buddy has a 2.0 Compact 9mm also and no issues at 1000+ rounds.

400 FMJ and 50 JHP through mine without issue.

2 LA County Deputies raved about the M&P 2.0s they had been wringing out in a class I took in January.

They both thought these new M&Ps were a huge upgrade over previous versions and it sounded like they had been running them hard in their testing.

(I don't own any M&Ps or stock in Smith and Wesson )
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachained View Post
    400 FMJ and 50 JHP through mine without issue.

I'm down at this guy's end of the spectrum. Only got about 420 through mine. IMI, MagTech, and my own loads. Not a single issue
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Not heard of this before.

My 2.0 compact runs like a top. It is approaching 1000 rounds and has been almost perfect. The only "un-perfect" thing about it was that the recoil spring broke at round #47. Smith had a new one to me within a week.

Most excellent handgun in my opinion and good customer service from Smith & Wesson.
    NRA Life Member
    Marine Corps Veteran
    Vietnam Veteran

Extraction issues in M&P 2.0's-- widespread issue or no???

I’ve got 3 2.0’s...one is a FS and 2 are Compacts. No issues with any of them, and I’ve got >3000 through each of them.

civiliandefender.com
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 04-07-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Only one 2.0 full size here so far ... 2000rd test in October plus about another 5-600 rounds. Zero stoppages of any kind, never mind extraction issues.

User Tag List