Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extraction issues in M&P 2.0's-- widespread issue or no???

Shot it some more this weekend with Chief Lee Weems...AND...no issues. It’s a lovely series of pistols and I’m the weakest link in this mechanical relationship!

civiliandefender.com

Vending Machine Operator
    I really like the 2.0s. I observe a strict 2-year delay on buying new guns these days but if they keep running well I will most likely get one with a thumb safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I’m always so close to wanting one and back off. I’d consider the compact but no 10rd mags are made so the full size tempts me instead.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I really like the 2.0s. I observe a strict 2-year delay on buying new guns these days but if they keep running well I will most likely get one with a thumb safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would recommend trying the thumb safety out before you buy. (If you haven't already) I was surprised to find that the thumb safety grossly interferes with my thumb's path to the slide release. Maybe not the same for everyone, but I had a real problem with it. My very limited experiences with both the thumb safety and non-safety model had no reliability issues of any kind. (and they look cool as hell...)
    Last edited by cornstalker; 04-15-2018 at 09:30 PM.

I also have three 2.0's. I'm at about 4,000 rounds between the 3 of them. No issues seen here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2190 rounds through my full size 2.0.

Zero issues. Solid gun, solid accuracy and a solid revision over the 1.0. My only gripe is that the magwell blows comparatively speaking but its not the end of the world.

I am glad to see all of the good experiences with the 2.0. That is a gun I want to work very badly. I got burned on a brace of early 2.0 guns - after having put Apex barrels in a bunch of 1.0's to get decent groups - and don't plan on going back. I wouldn't follow my lead though. I went from the M&P 2.0 to the Sig 320 just before Sig tripped all over themselves trying to insist that there were no problems with the 320...so out of the fire and into the frying pan as it were.

Here are some old threads with early adopters having good and bad experiences:

1. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-2-0-range-day. Posts 176 and 249 document issues I had. LSW is in there too with extraction problems.
    2. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-range-report/. LSW and I are in there griping again, but there's also some good experiences.
    3. http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/243366-mp-20/. Some higher round count experience on Brian Enos (competition oriented forum).

A Google search for "M&P 2.0 failure to extract" will pull up a number of problem threads. The posts appear to mostly date back to the release of the 2.0. I don't see many reports of recent guns with issues.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I would recommend trying the thumb safety out before you buy. (If you haven't already) I was surprised to find that the thumb safety grossly interferes with my thumb's path to the slide release. Maybe not the same for everyone, but I had a real problem with it. My very limited experiences with both the thumb safety and non-safety model had no reliability issues of any kind. (and they look cool as hell...)
    No issues at all for me with my thumb safety FS model but my brother in law fights his thumb safety to access the mag release and the slide release.

For those who don't have one the M&P safety is very prominent and the ability to easily operate all the controls depends on hand size, girth, finger length and flexibility.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    No issues at all for me with my thumb safety FS model but my brother in law fights his thumb safety to access the mag release and the slide release.

For those who don't have one the M&P safety is very prominent and the ability to easily operate all the controls depends on hand size, girth, finger length and flexibility.
    Is your BIL shooting a first gen gun or a 2.0? They reduced the profile of the safety on the 2.0. If he's shooting a first gen he could try swapping out the safety for a new version.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    Is your BIL shooting a first gen gun or a 2.0? They reduced the profile of the safety on the 2.0. If he's shooting a first gen he could try swapping out the safety for a new version.
    First gen. I'll see if I can get a 2nd gen lever. Thanks!

User Tag List