Thread: Compensating G26

Question Compensating G26

Gentlemen and ladies,

Long time lurker, first time poster, I come before you with a question. Does anyone have any experience compensating a Glock 26?

I already own a G26 and have it equipped with a red-dot, and I am interested in transforming this carry gun into a "Mini-Roland". I like the idea of the recoil reduction provided by the comp, and I like the idea of a longer barrel to make appendix carry even more comfortable than it already is (I like the extra weight below the belt line). Before I sink a couple hundred bucks into a KKM though I wanted to see if there are any potential problems with this setup. I am aware that sometimes when compensating the G19 a lighter recoil spring is necessary or a constant diet of higher pressure rounds are needed.

I know Wolf makes reduced power recoil springs for the G26 so that potentially solves the recoil spring problem, is there anything else I should be aware of? Does the short barrel of the 26 generate less pressure to work the comp, therefore making it irrelevant? Does it generate more? Is compensating a sub-compact gun just a stupid idea ?

I am ready to be schooled.

Thanks everyone!

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Well, that’s embarrassing... thank you very much the assistance, feel free to delete this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrock View Post
    Well, that’s embarrassing... thank you very much the assistance, feel free to delete this.
    If you do go this route, I hope you'll add to that (or this) thread. That was thoroughly entertaining and educational and I'd love to see more experiences posted in it

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    If you do go this route, I hope you'll add to that (or this) thread. That was thoroughly entertaining and educational and I'd love to see more experiences posted in it
    I totally will! My optic choice is an Aimpoint micro so I’m interested to see if I’ll need to do any spring swapping or other modifications. I’ll be sure to chime in on the other thread once I’m all set up. Planning on ordering the comp at the end of the month.

There is a Roland Special thread on here somewhere. Doc mentioned members of his team with smaller pistols like the 26 comp'd. As I recall they were very happy with them though I think it was in conjunction with a RMR.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Wouldn't one need to shoot +p to see a worthwhile benefit in a compensated 9mm, let alone a 3.4" barreled 9mm?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Wouldn't one need to shoot +p to see a worthwhile benefit in a compensated 9mm, let alone a 3.4" barreled 9mm?
    Yes, +p or nato spec.

The pressure differences between a G19 length barrel and a G26 length are minimal.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-18-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Just goofing around with a G27/threaded 9mm conversion barrel with a Lone Wolf .357 sig comp. I could definitely feel and see an on/off difference with standard pressure rounds in 115/124/147gr. I wouldn't call it magical, but definitely noticeable. The 50gr crap I bought back during the shortage recoiled somewhere between a .22 and a pellet pistol (hell of a flash/bang with that stuff).
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List