Thread: Week 263: F-PAR High% Pair

Week 263: F-PAR High% Pair

Week 263: F-PAR High% Pair

Results may be posted until May 6th, 2018.

Designed by: Todd Louis Green
    Range: 7 yards
    Target: 8" circle, IPSC A-zone, or 8.5x11 sheet of paper
    Start Position: Holstered
    Rounds Fired: 40

You will need a shot timer for this drill and you will need to know how to operate the PAR function. This is another Floating PAR. Begin with a PAR time that you can confidently draw and hit the target twice from the holster.

Draw and fire two rounds at the target. If you score both hits, reduce the PAR time by 0.1 seconds. If miss one, increase the PAR by 0.1 seconds; if you miss both shots, increase the PAR by 0.2 seconds. Do not make incremental changes greater than this even if your times are much farther from the PAR.

Draw and fire two again with the new PAR. Repeat the process (subtracting 0.1 seconds for 100% hits or adding 0.1 seconds per miss) until you've performed a total of 20 2-shot draws.

If you cannot draw from the holster on your range, then shoot the drill from ready instead.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Target used
    Start position (open holster, concealed, retention holster)
    Starting PAR
    Lowest PAR with a hit
    Final PAR (20th draw)
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Shot on 4/7/18, WC CenTac, JMCK AIWB holster, in a short sleeve shirt and jeans.

Target used- 8x11 Piece of Paper

Start position- Concealed under short sleeve shirt

Starting PAR- 3.00 seconds which was WAY too high

Lowest PAR with a hit- 2 hits at 1.67 seconds on a 1.80 PAR; lowest PAR with single hit was 1.70

Final PAR (20th draw)= final PAR was 1.90 seconds, I hit one and couldn't tell if I missed the second, time was 1.71 seconds for both shots.

Anything you noticed- I messed around with a few Bill Drills at the end. My splits on the Bill Drill were in the .25 range- which is pretty good for me. The 20 draws were a lot- I got sloppy near the end of the drill.

Really enjoyed this drill- I gained confidence that I can hit with my first two shots in under 1.75 seconds which is solid for my current skill level.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

M&p 2.0 compact under a fleece
    Dark star gear orion
    Starting par - 2.5
    Lowest par with hit - 1.7
    Final par - 1.6(miss)

I could tell my dry work has been paying off and I'm warming up to the m&p more and more. My best draw was a 1.31. I dropped 5 shots today during the drill. I hovered in the 1.8x range throughout the drill which i was pretty happy with.

Name:  20180408_162940.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  50.9 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Target used 8” circle (B8 8 ring)
    Start position (open holster, concealed, retention holster) G19-5 Concealed AIWB under a closed front shirt
    Starting PAR 2.5s
    Lowest PAR with a hit I hit 1/2 at 1.59s during a 1.60s PAR attempt
    Final PAR (20th draw) 1.70s
    Anything you noticed Everything was going pretty well (clean) until I reached 1.6s PAR half way through the drill. I had five runs clean where I was over PAR and then I started missing so I’d alternate between 1.6s and 1.7s. My final run at 1.7s was awful I fumbled my garment clear and missed both shots in 1.78s. Overall, 36/40 rounds were hits

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List