Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Precision Launching New Press--Lee Auto Breech Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Are you feeding primers by hand? By finger, actually.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Using the safety prime 2.0.

About 500 rounds so far. Indexing has been excellent. Having that 4th station is nice. Case feeder works well. Case retainers work well. Priming has been good. Only issue I've ran into is with the spent primer tube. At the ram up position the tube makes contact with the ram linkage. This tweaks the tube and the clip that connect it to the ram enough to allow the occasional primer to escape. I put a zip tie on it and the issue went away.
    Name:  20180421_155454.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  26.3 KB
    Last edited by timotab; 04-21-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timotab View Post
    About 500 rounds so far. Indexing has been excellent. Having that 4th station is nice. Case feeder works well. Case retainers work well. Priming has been good. Only issue I've ran into is with the spent primer tube. At the ram up position the tube makes contact with the ram linkage. This tweaks the tube and the clip that connect it to the ram enough to allow the occasional primer to escape. I put a zip on it and the issue went away.
    Name:  20180421_155454.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  26.3 KB
    Can you make a short cell phone video and post it?

Thanks for posting that. Looks pretty smooth. Case feeder seems like a must to keep right hand on the handle and left hand working the priming and bullet seating.

I actually don't mind the safety prime, it has worked well for me on the LCT. I like how the newer version is actually square to properly fit the manufacturer packaging on the primers.

Did you buy a new Inline Fab riser mount or retrofit an old one? I have the LCT set up on one now and wonder if that will work.

So for caliber changes, assuming dies are already owned and you move around the powder measure, it would basically cost a shellplate (~$19) and 4 bushings (~$16) or $35 correct?

What's your die setup at each stage? I seat and crimp on the last stage since I use a powder check. I am wondering on this machine if that would make it hard to reach to place the bullet at the last stage.

What would you say your speed is on this compared with the turret?
    Last edited by FPS; 04-21-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    Thanks for posting that. Looks pretty smooth. Case feeder seems like a must to keep right hand on the handle and left hand working the priming and bullet seating.

I actually don't mind the safety prime, it has worked well for me on the LCT. I like how the newer version is actually square to properly fit the manufacturer packaging on the primers.

Did you buy a new Inline Fab riser mount or retrofit an old one? I have the LCT set up on one now and wonder if that will work.

So for caliber changes, assuming dies are already owned and you move around the powder measure, it would basically cost a shellplate (~$19) and 4 bushings (~$16) or $35 correct?

What's your die setup at each stage? I seat and crimp on the last stage since I use a powder check. I am wondering on this machine if that would make it hard to reach to place the bullet at the last stage.

What would you say your speed is on this compared with the turret?
    The riser is for the LCT, I had to drill 1 hole, the other 2 lined up.

Correct on caliber changes.

1. Size/deprime
    2. Powder drop and bell case mouth
    3. Seat
    4. Crimp with Lee DVD

Not sure about seating on the 4th station. Might have to use your right hand. I'll check later and let you know.

There's room to feed bullets on the 4th stage with your left hand, at least for me. Might be an issue if you have large hands.

Quote Originally Posted by timotab View Post
    There's room to feed bullets on the 4th stage with your left hand, at least for me. Might be an issue if you have large hands.
    Thanks for checking on that. Do you feel it would significantly slow down reloading this way vs stage 3 seating or is there enough room to seat it fairly quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    Thanks for checking on that. Do you feel it would significantly slow down reloading this way vs stage 3 seating or is there enough room to seat it fairly quickly?
    I think it would be about as fast as on the video.

Reaching behind the press to set the bullet looks a little awkward. I wonder if Lee has improved the little gravity fed bullet feeder.

Can you see inside the case to check powder levels?

User Tag List