Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Precision Launching New Press--Lee Auto Breech Lock

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Assuming a case feeder of some sort, then more time is spent handling each case by hand and then in bulk vs only in bulk. I’m assuming that someone can peck 100 primers faster than fill a tray and flip, then handle 100 pieces of brass. This is especially true if a primer tube filler is involved along with the case feeder.

I also can’t see putting 1-100 primers above my hand while shoving them into the primer pocket. Doesn’t seem like a very safe idea (and I believe there’s a thread about that on here).
    emphasis added

This is where I feel that Lee's Load Master shines.(I know about the possibility of a chain fire if one manages to pop a primer on the press. It hasn't happened to me in many many thousands of rounds loaded, but I know it's possible. The blast shield is $5.00) Once the Load master priming system is tweaked(very little to do but a basic fluff and buff) it runs very reliably as long as you keep the feed chute full.(If you can't pay close enough attention to the process to do that, you probably shouldn't be reloading.) No feed tubes to load, no extra $300.00 piece of equipment to load the feed tubes. Just open the feed tray, dump a flat of primers, give a shake or two, replace the cover and stick the tray back on the chute. It takes all of 30 seconds to load another 100 primers and keep loading.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 04-17-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    emphasis added

This is where I feel that Lee's Load Master shines.(I know about the possibility of a chain fire if one manages to pop a primer on the press. It hasn't happened to me in many many thousands of rounds loaded, but I know it's possible. The blast shield is $5.00) Once the Load master priming system is tweaked(very little to do but a basic fluff and buff) it runs very reliably as long as you keep the feed chute full.(If you can't pay close enough attention to the process to do that, you probably shouldn't be reloading.) No feed tubes to load, no extra $300.00 piece of equipment to load the feed tubes. Just open the feed tray, dump a flat of primers, give a shake or two, replace the cover and stick the tray back on the chute. It takes all of 30 seconds to load another 100 primers and keep loading.
    True - I'll counter that a large capacity motorized case feeder on competitor brands evens it out :-) THe price point is not the same, but any mechanized sorting procedure, especially at volume, will pay dividends.
    Last edited by jeep45238; 04-17-2018 at 04:22 PM.

My Breech Lock Pro gets here Thursday. I'll report back. Right now I use an LCT and a hybrid LCT/1000 (1000 carrier on an LCT frame). I've found the safety prime system to be quick and reliable. With a case feeder mounted I hope to be cranking at 550 speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by timotab View Post
    My Breech Lock Pro gets here Thursday. I'll report back. Right now I use an LCT and a hybrid LCT/1000 (1000 carrier on an LCT frame). I've found the safety prime system to be quick and reliable. With a case feeder mounted I hope to be cranking at 550 speeds.
    Let us know what you think once you get the press.

Curious about your hybrid press. What advantage does using a Pro 1000 carrier and Turret frame have over just using a Pro 1000?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Rigidity, leverage and spent primer disposal are the main benefits.

I see Inline Fabrication has a riser mount for the ABLP.

https://inlinefabrication.com/produc...reech-lock-pro

I've been exchanging emails with Lee customer service to express my dissatisfaction with the Safety Prime.

It turns out there's a new and improved version that's been available since July 2017. This one in distinguished by its gray primer feed pieces.

Got it setup and my initial impressions are favorable. Spent most of my time fitting it to my Inline Fab riser and bench. Only loaded 50 or so. Will report back after I've put a few hundred through it.

Quote Originally Posted by timotab View Post
    Got it setup and my initial impressions are favorable. Spent most of my time fitting it to my Inline Fab riser and bench. Only loaded 50 or so. Will report back after I've put a few hundred through it.
    Are you feeding primers by hand? By finger, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I've been exchanging emails with Lee customer service to express my dissatisfaction with the Safety Prime.

It turns out there's a new and improved version that's been available since July 2017. This one in distinguished by its gray primer feed pieces.

Reeeeaaaalllly....

I bought my LCT and assorted bits and bobs sometime last September, but I've got the white plastic pieces so that must have been old stock. I may have to upgrade.

Thank you.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List