Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Precision Launching New Press--Lee Auto Breech Lock

Site Supporter

Lee Precision Launching New Press--Lee Auto Breech Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The Hornady Pro Jector used a swinging arm that pivoted a primer from the tube over to the shell plate. The Lock N Load uses a slider that works in a similar manner.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    My first press was a single stage on .40 (I do not recommend that combo to start - ever). Then it was the loadmaster.

Then it was a LnL AP. I moved to a dillon 650 after that for the case feed and company support (Hornady refused to sell me certain parts for example - dillon will sell you every piece and gives you the part numbers to do so).

Now I’m at a 1050 and don’t see how much could improve upon it without having a much higher price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jeep45238; 04-06-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    My first press was a single stage on .40 (I do not recommend that combo to start - ever). Then it was the loadmaster.

Then it was a LnL AP. I moved to a dillon 650 after that for the case feed and company support (Hornady refused to sell me certain parts for example - dillon will sell you every piece and gives you the part numbers to do so).

Now I’m at a 1050 and don’t see how much could improve upon it without having a much higher price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My first progressive press was a Lee Pro 1000. This was followed a few years later by a Pro Jector.

I love the old Pro Jector. It is a solid old press. It lacks the QD die bushings but those kind of suck anyway.

My main complaint with the LNL is the primer system. I think the old pivoting arm on the PJ was a better unit. It was easy to see and watch and, therefore, see when it was empty or when a primer might be upside down or sideways.

Probably the only real improvement on the LNL is the current shell kicker system. This works better than the arm and later bent piece of wire used on the PJ and older LNL

The only real experience I've had with Dillon presses is with the Square Deal. It did not work well for me.

Last edited by Tokarev; 04-06-2018 at 10:16 PM.

I found a Square Deal set up for 9mm and a 1050 with the automatic bullet feeder set up for .45 acp w/9mm and .223 conversions at the Gun Show today.

$300 for the square deal and $1,500 for the 1050.

No way could I justify $1500 but $300 for the square deal is more reasonable. If they weren't proprietary dies and a PITA to switch calibers I'd seriously consider it.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 04-07-2018 at 07:39 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Here's a short description of the New and Improved Pro 1000

https://www.titanreloading.com/lee-presses/lee-pro-1000

If the indexing/timing point is improved it should mean the priming system will work better. Still gravity fed via that little slide but it should mean the primer has more time to get onto the primer punch before the shell plate indexes. Hopefully.

The Breech Lock Pro is out now, from some vendors. (Titan Reloading has them. Midway does not, yet.)

First Youtube review I've seen, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbWBdYJuQ2E.

Priming is done by a Safety Prime on position 2. Most negative complaints I've seen online seem to focus on that. I think that misses the point.

The indexing rod can be removed, to turn it into a manually advanced progressive. (Dillon 550 works like this, I think.)

When the carrier is down all the way, the shell plate is locked in position by a solid pin coming up from below. Shell plate index adjustments should be a thing of the past.

Now to find a home for my Loadmaster....

Tag, interesting.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post

Priming is done by a Safety Prime on position 2. Most negative complaints I've seen online seem to focus on that. I think that misses the point.

The indexing rod can be removed, to turn it into a manually advanced progressive. (Dillon 550 works like this, I think.)
    Maybe Lee's intended market is the 550 crowd. It does appear the press has some of the same capabilities with the index rod removed.

Still, I'd think most users would welcome some sort of automated primer feed, even if the feed is an upgrade.

No primer feed, even an add on one, makes it truly not a progressive and is a deal killer.
    #RESIST

So you have to prime with your left hand and then place a bullet with your right? I think I would rather pay a couple hundred more and move up to a Hornady LNL

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    No primer feed, even an add on one, makes it truly not a progressive and is a deal killer.
    Yeah. I guess this leaves me kind of scratching my head.

Lee has the entry level market pretty well covered, at least I thought. Why I make a new press that's also basically an entry-level product? Without an automatic primer feeder, this new press doesn't seem to be much different then the 4 hole turret.

User Tag List