Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Powder shortage coming soon

Powder shortage coming soon

Just a heads up to everyone that reloads.

I was just trying to order some powder and apparently it's becoming just like toilet paper. Went to about 4 sites looking for AR Comp (223/5.56) powder and they're sold out. Looks like a run on that one for sure. I didn't check other AR powder but I think it will be the same situation.

I was able to find it but stocks were very low where I did find it. Might even be gone by now.

If you need powder I would suggest that you order some ASAP because in a few weeks it will all be gone......again.

I'm not trying to create a shortage. I don't hoard the stuff. Just bought what I needed for about a year which is what I normally do when I get low. If you run out anytime soon you're going to be screwed.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Guess i better order my shit today.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I have been seeing threads like this on a few other forums, and I think we are creating, unnecessarily, our own shortage. Some reloader sees the possible "shortage" on a forum so he runs out and "I gotta get mine before someone else gets it all" and buys more than he can use in a year. Just like the TP shortage; someone, somewhere screams "I'm gonna run out of a$$ wipes, so I gotta run out and buy all I can". Others see/hears this and runs out and overbuys too. Now TP shelves are bare nationwide.

Site Supporter
    You're probably not gonna cause a shortage...but there's definitely gonna be a run on guns and ammo...as there always is during times of crisis.

I'm not worried. Pretty soon I'll be checking the shelves for the good deals on used guns, and ammo will be plentiful once more.

Until then, I've got enough components to maintain my current skill level and get to a few matches.

Hell, maybe it'll actually make me dry fire more. [emoji23]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mikld View Post
    I have been seeing threads like this on a few other forums, and I think we are creating, unnecessarily, our own shortage. Some reloader sees the possible "shortage" on a forum so he runs out and "I gotta get mine before someone else gets it all" and buys more than he can use in a year. Just like the TP shortage; someone, somewhere screams "I'm gonna run out of a$$ wipes, so I gotta run out and buy all I can". Others see/hears this and runs out and overbuys too. Now TP shelves are bare nationwide.
    Don't buy all you can. I could have bought twice what I did but I just bought what I normally do and what I can use in a year. It may seem like a lot to some but I buy in bulk because of hazmat fees being what they are. Doesn't make much sense to buy a lb. of powder and pay a $25 hazmat fee when you can have 8 lbs shipped for the same price.

Anyway, I think it's already gone. My dealer called back and said I was about an hour too late for the AR Comp so I bought something else. He said it's crazy busy.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Yeah, I'm not currently worried. I have solidly enough projectiles and primers to last me through all of 2020 and probably most of 2021. I'm a bit shorter on powder, but as long as I'm willing to shift powder types partway through the year, I should be good through at least the end of the summer, and probably the end of the year, especially given that matches may or may not be happening in the short to medium term.

Site Supporter
    I ordered some primers 3k of LPP and SPP, yesterday That's the only thing I'm a bit low on. Powder Valley was already out of stock on a lot of components.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Lets also not forget the companies that are willing to price gouge and remember that they do not deserve our money in the future.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Been shoring up reloading supplies for the last 12 years. Im out of room.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Been shoring up reloading supplies for the last 12 years. Im out of room.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    You need to shoot more.

With the components I have, I can shoot all this year and most of next. My problem is using up the old stuff I have loaded so I can fill those ammo cans with fresh ammo.

I'm not buying more components this year. Guns, maybe.

User Tag List