Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Self defense wrench?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Self defense wrench?

Taken from a recent attempt armed robbery case I was assigned. A mechanic witnesses the robbery occurring in the parking lot, and:

...(Witness #1) came up from behind the suspect and hit him in the head with a wrench. The suspect stumbled a little bit and then ran east dropping the money on the ground...
    How much wrench is enough wrench? OC or CC of SDW?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Taken from a recent attempt armed robbery case I was assigned. A mechanic witnesses the robbery occurring in the parking lot, and:

I think we'd need to have the SME's from SAE weigh in.

Then we can properly initiate the never ending debate of metric vs. standard (inch).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Then we can properly initiate the never ending debate of metric vs. standard (inch).
    This is a situation where I’m fairly comfortable saying 9mm is too small to be effective.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

English or metric or crescent?

EDIT: Blues beat me to it.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pangloss; 04-05-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    This is a situation where I’m fairly comfortable saying 9mm is too small to be effective.
    One might argue that it's how one wields the wrench versus just making a hit anywhere on the target. Placement counts.

Last edited by blues; 04-05-2018 at 08:47 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

I actually am an SAE member. You might be better served by an ASE-certified tech, though.

The same debates apply, I reckon. I wouldn't want to go to a fight with less than a 22mm wrench, much better a 32mm, or a big crescent. But then, walking down the street with a 32mm combination wrench hanging off your belt is likely to get some unwanted attention. A good ball-peen hammer might be a better choice all around, and claw hammers may be even more effective. A peace officer, depending on circumstances, might reasonably find probable cause to quiz you on why you're open carrying any of them. It may be that in a given jurisdiction, there is a legal way to carry a pistol, but not a club.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Site Supporter
    I prefer a breaker bar.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I actually am an SAE member. You might be better served by an ASE-certified tech, though.

The same debates apply, I reckon. I wouldn't want to go to a fight with less than a 22mm wrench, much better a 32mm, or a big crescent. But then, walking down the street with a 32mm combination wrench hanging off your belt is likely to get some unwanted attention. A good ball-peen hammer might be a better choice all around, and claw hammers may be even more effective. A peace officer, depending on circumstances, might reasonably find probable cause to quiz you on why you're open carrying any of them. It may be that in a given jurisdiction, there is a legal way to carry a pistol, but not a club.
    What about a 32mm in an ankle holster partially covered by a boot and/or pants?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I woul think an adjustable would be most versatile.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List