Thread: "Rubber" or "granulate" Talons with PX4CC?

"Rubber" or "granulate" Talons with PX4CC?

Here's one from the dumb questions department, since my normally adequate Google Fu is letting me down...

Wondering which style Talons come with the Compact Carry?
    https://talongungrips.com/blog/uncat...-best-for-you/

Site Supporter
    The rubber. At least that's what came with mine.

They feel nice. I'd kinda like to try the granulate, though. I ordered the "sheets" of the granulate material, and cut it to fit my 1076. Definitely gives you some real bite.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 04-04-2018 at 03:09 PM.

They ship with the rubber grips. Who can ship,them to Talon and they will exchange them for granulate at no charge. I use the rubber on my carry gun and granulate on the backup/range gun. I believe the rubber would be plenty of grip for real world CCW use. Living in hot south FL the granulate is much better for range sessions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The rubberized grips ship with the PX4CC. The granulate works better, but sucks against your skin. I think the PX4 series is probably the best candidate for getting the most out of a stipple job.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    The rubberized grips ship with the PX4CC. The granulate works better, but sucks against your skin. I think the PX4 series is probably the best candidate for getting the most out of a stipple job.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    Assuming the stippler doesn’t ruin your frame.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks, people.

Sounds like I'll go with rubber, unless I'm committed to a) always wearing an underlayer and b) sacrificing said to some abrasion, i.e., don't wear the Thunderstruck Euro Tour shirt (which at 30 years old is barely hanging on).

I have both, the rubber on my PX4cc, the granulate on my HK45ct, both have their pluses and minuses..I like the rubber better..

For a carry gun that is iwb. Rubber ftw. I have two with granulate now. It flat out works but will rub the shit out of your skin. I may actually switch my g43 back to a rubber. I always used the rubber but really liked the granulate after shooting a friends gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rubberized gets a little slippery when wet, while the granulate is slip proof but rips your skin off in an IWB holster. What I like best is putting on the rubberized, then cutting off the portion on the off body side of the grip (right side for me since I’m a righty), and putting a strip of the granulate on the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer81 View Post
    What I like best is putting on the rubberized, then cutting off the portion on the off body side of the grip (right side for me since I’m a righty), and putting a strip of the granulate on the right side.
    Aha! Clever.

User Tag List