Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Thoughts on LEO Rules of Engagement

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    blues...there you go again. Using common sense and logic. Then, to make it even worse, you blatantly display your humanity. Will you never learn?
    I try but I have difficulty with not doing things the way I think they should be done. I'm better at dispensing cautions than following them.

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate 'em even if I don't deserve 'em.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I’m pretty sure that pro-active policing and discretion are dead or dying.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’m pretty sure that pro-active policing and discretion are dead or dying.
    More steps toward giving folks the police they deserve...??? Be careful what you wish for.

I a hypothetical world... a young 17 year old kid and his friends were drinking beer in a park back in 1987. Houston Police rolled up. Rather than handing out tickets or arresting anyone, they made the kids open all the beers and pour them out on the ground. Then they made the kids pick up all the empty cans (not just their cans) laying around and clean up they area. Then they asked the kids to keep the noise down, and to have a nice night. No criminal records created that night... in a hypothetical world.

Because unless its on paper, it never happened. Right? Otherwise, its destruction of evidence...
    #TheDaysBeforeDashCamera
    Last edited by Gadfly; 04-18-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I a hypothetical world... a young 17 year old kid and his friends were drinking beer in a park back in 1987. Houston Police rolled up. Rather than handing out tickets or arresting anyone, they made the kids open all the beers and pour them out on the ground. Then they made the kids pick up all the empty cans (not just their cans) laying around and clean up they area. Then they asked the kids to keep the noise down, and to have a nice night. No criminal records created that night... in a hypothetical world.

Because unless its on paper, it never happened. Right? Otherwise, its destruction of evidence...
    #TheDaysBeforeDashCamera
    Hypothetically I know a “friend” who had to pour out beer and pick up cans too.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

In the video dominated nanny state, hypotheticals will no longer be accepted nor tolerated. Everything is subject to review and 24 / 7 protest marches leading to finger pointing, trial by internet, dismissal and prosecution for any infraction, (regardless of how minor), which may place the administration in a poor light.

Now, who wants to pin on a badge and get sworn in?

User Tag List