Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical Performance Center, Handgun Mastery class

George,

What do you think of TPC for those who are fairly early in their (pistol) shooting career, may or may not have had much formal instruction, and not interested in competitive shooting, at least for now?
    Trying to find ways to get refugees in CA to get some training opportunities...
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

- William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    This is Seeklander’s video on this, he gets into the weak hand grip at around the 3:50 mark.

https://youtu.be/Xl1urjYlsZM
    Thanks for the link, he certainly has a lot of good info, and a nice system all laid out right there on YouTube.

Hammertime
    This thread has prompted me to review Ken Nelson's youtube channel and his "sticky hands" concept is really interesting. I would love anyone to elaborate on it. Obviously the best way is to take a class, but I have experimented a bit with it and note that the grip strength comes more from the chest than the forearms. While experimenting, I found I could deform the grip of a Glock (no magazine) fairly easily crushing it between hands. I have never been able to do that with just grip strength alone.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911nerd View Post
    George,

What do you think of TPC for those who are fairly early in their (pistol) shooting career, may or may not have had much formal instruction, and not interested in competitive shooting, at least for now?
    I would email TPC and get their take on this.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

George,

What's your location?
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    What's your location?
    I'm personally a bit all over the place, but recommendations for the Bay Area and MA/CT are of particular interest.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

- William Pitt the Younger

I'm personally a bit all over the place, but recommendations for the Bay Area and MA/CT are of particular interest.
    My friend and I do a what I think is a pretty solid beginner pistol class in the Bay Area, you can PM me for details.

Would the location of the grip tape indicate where maximum contact / pressure is desired? Certainly your palm extends below that. It appears (based on words on the interwebz, comprehension) that this jives with Paul Van Dunk Jr's method of "crossing sticks" as brought up by @JHC last year.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Would the location of the grip tape indicate where maximum contact / pressure is desired? Certainly your palm extends below that. It appears (based on words on the interwebz, comprehension) that this jives with Paul Van Dunk Jr's method of "crossing sticks" as brought up by @JHC last year.
    Here is the a fore mentioned thread regarding Van Dunk.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....recoil-control
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    You just need a very small amount of quarter panel to anchor the grip. How much and where varies by hand and handgun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List