Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: Boat Knife for Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I would just take the Dozier and get a Sentry Solutions Marine Tough Cloth.
    I still have a couple of those. (But I sure got tired of the smell. Still use Tuf-Glide from time to time as well.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I dunno. It’s not as objectionable as some of the other protectants. Perhaps I’ve developed a tolerance. As Betty White said, “I put that shit on everything (metal).”

“The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I wasn’t aware of the Enuff series of knives from Spyderco. Here’s a link to the Enuff Salt on Amazon, not bad for ~$120.
    I use one of these as a dive knife. It's a good utility knife and has held up very well with almost no rust issues.

ETA: You might also look at some of the knives made to attach to a flotation device for rafters: http://search.nrs.com/boating/Pfd%20...li_Pfd%20Knife
    Last edited by Erik; 04-07-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Sorry guys, I haven't been around much. Those Grohmanns are great and VERY Canadian; for a boat knife here (and Desolation Sound is very much my neck of the woods) though I personally use mostly old red-handled Mora knives, because that's what I grew up with and sooner or later you'll drop one overboard.

In fact, I once dated a girl whose dad was a marine mechanic from Quadra Island and I remember him saying that dropping tools overboard was his single biggest expense.

Beautiful in that area in August, with nearly a fifty percent chance of glimpsing the sun at some point, I bet. And by going in August you miss the rainy season, which is October through June. But if you like seafood...
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List