Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol sight recommendation

I've got the Ameriglo Hackathorn on my Sig. https://ameriglo.com/collections/sig-xd/hackathorn
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    These work amazingly well! I actually find them brighter than either Trij or Ameriglo ProGlo sights. Start with a couple layers of white for the base then orange on top.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JS...LIL&ref=plSrch
    Based on his earlier recommendation (in the Revolver sub-forum?) I tried this out and it works. I haven't seen the Ameriglo sights so can't comment on relative brightness, but I'm using this to see how it works on my Beretta PX4 full-size to see how it works there before I have the Ameriglo sights installed and I like it. The red/orange works better for me.

Does Ameriglo have any options with those bright colored sights without the tritium tube?

I'm also an orange paint guy, either the paint markers or Testor's model paint works well. If you can find a plain black front sight with a Tritium vial that works best, as it's easier to paint a flat sight rather than one with a ring around the vial.

I have Trijicon HD's on a Glock 17 and 26. I hate the razor-sharp rear sight. I think the XD version would be better for the 26 (shorter sight radius). I'm not interested in XS Big Dots but I am intrigued with the XS F8's. One tritium dot in the rear (stack the dots) and the rear is tall but not as wide as the Trijicons - and not sharp.

OP

I have an orange CAP front sight for a Sig that came off my P250.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I have a Glock 21sf gen 3. I put Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on it. It has a plain black sight with a tritium front surrounded by the orange donut. The notch on the rear sight is wide. My eyesight isn't what it used to be. The wide rear notch and orange front sight really work for me. I am not looking for a tight grouping, just quick acquisition of the sights to the target. And actually I surprised myself with the grouping....tighter than I expected!

Site Supporter
    Heinie sights and Testors paint.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I have a Glock 21sf gen 3. I put Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on it. It has a plain black sight with a tritium front surrounded by the orange donut. The notch on the rear sight is wide. My eyesight isn't what it used to be. The wide rear notch and orange front sight really work for me. I am not looking for a tight grouping, just quick acquisition of the sights to the target. And actually I surprised myself with the grouping....tighter than I expected!
    Funny thing is, I was shooting a G17 Gen 3 with stock sights just fine. Installed Hackathorns and everything went to hell. My 53-year-old eyes don’t like these sights——thinking of keeping the front sight but swapping the rear sight for a tighter notch with tritium dots.

I have a red fiber-optic front on a G17, a Warren Tactical green tritium front on a G23. Stock rear sights on both.

Can't decide which I like more. I'll eventually put a Warren Tactical green tritium on the G17 most likely.

What I DO know is I really like having the front sight be drastically different than the rears. For me, it lends itself very well to fast, both-eyes-open defensive shooting.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 05-21-2018 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Missed a word

User Tag List