Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Issue With My Glock 19.3

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Generally speaking the Roland Special typically runs best with 124gr +P. It takes the most advantage of the comp. Why not just take the OEM RSA as well as the 15lb RSA to the range at the same time and do a side by side comparison?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    That's the plan once I get the 124 in. I'm also going to do some slo mo video to watch the brass. Normally when it strikes the RMR it's found on the ground about 3-4 feet directly in from of me. The video will tell me for sure.
    David
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 04-13-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Well, I'm done trying to run the comp without ejected brass beating the shit out of the RMR. I'm not sure how everyone on this planet seems to not have this issue but I'm tired of trying to find a solution. If you have to work this hard to make it work and it still doesn't it's probably not a good idea. Springs, ejectors, extractors, 115+P, 124 NATO, 124+P = wasted money, not to mention frustration.

So, to all those who don't have the issue congratulations! Enjoy the benefits the comp brings!
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 05-01-2018 at 07:34 AM.

That sucks, dude. Sorry to hear that. I guess that is one reason why some people run the rear sight in front of the dot though. To act as a brass deflector.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    That sucks, dude. Sorry to hear that. I guess that is one reason why some people run the rear sight in front of the dot though. To act as a brass deflector.

You could be right, and I could see how it could deflect some of the hits. 80% of my strikes came of course to the top, right corner of the optic. But I also had many, many strikes in the middle of the glass. Not good.
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 05-01-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Did you try tuning the face of the ejector?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Did you try tuning the face of the ejector?
    Thanks HD, I'm not sure what that means. I did replace the 336 ejector with the 30274.

I’ve seen some people modify ejection patterns by slightly changing the angle on the end surface of the ejector using a stone. It would be a cheap thing to try.

Edit: here’s a thread that touches on the topic, when I Googled “tune Glock ejector” I had a lot of hits - this is just one of them.

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...ction-pattern/
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 05-01-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    I have tried it. Brass does not strike the RMR. The OEM barrel won't accommodate the Compensator which leads me to believe the Comp is the cause. The obvious fix is to remove the Comp but I want to find a fix that would allow me to keep the Comp if possible.
    How about a threaded factory barrel like this? http://palmettostatearmory.com/facto...m13-5x1lh.html

I realize that this one shows as out of stock, and that it could take some digging to find one, but they do exist.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    How about a threaded factory barrel like this? http://palmettostatearmory.com/facto...m13-5x1lh.html

I realize that this one shows as out of stock, and that it could take some digging to find one, but they do exist.

Okie John
    I have not tried a Glock Factory threaded barrel. I actually looked for one before I bought the KKM. I did find stock at the time but it was way overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    I have not tried a Glock Factory threaded barrel. I actually looked for one before I bought the KKM. I did find stock at the time but it was way overpriced.
    Unless the comp is 13.5x1LH, an OEM threaded barrel won’t do you much good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List