Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Issue With My Glock 19.3

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    Here's the NO BS reply you are looking for:

Leave a Glock OEM.......if you put aftermarket parts in a Glock, it's no longer a Glock. It's like putting a chevy carbeurator in a Porsche and when the Porsche doesn't run right you blame the Porsche and say something is wrong with it.
    Why does it matter whether it's still a Glock or not? Plenty of people use aftermarket parts with success, myself included.

Wasn't the Roland Special dreamt up by someone in the Asymmetric Warfare Group?
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 04-08-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Why does it matter whether it's still a Glock or not? Plenty of people use aftermarket parts with success, myself included.
    Why does it matter???? That’s a head scratcher if you want legendary reliability. People like to tinker I guess & think they know more than Glock Engineers. Tinker all you want, but don’t blame Glock if it doesn’t work especially if it’s a carry firearm. I don’t like to gamble on reliability. Some do I guess.

Apex kit + non-LCI bearing fixed all my issues.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I'm not familiar with either of these. Could you give me more information if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    I'm not familiar with either of these. Could you give me more information if you don't mind.
    Never mind. I found it. Thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    @BobLoblaw so to be sure I understand this you installed a NON-LCI bearing in your pistol that has an LCI Extractor? Do I have that right?

Thanks.

@BobLoblaw so to be sure I understand this you installed a NON-LCI bearing in your pistol that has an LCI Extractor? Do I have that right?

Thanks.
    Yes, mine was a gen 4 and the non-LCI bearing increases tension on the extractor. It was a $6 game changer when I ordered.

I have no idea if this is possible but have you thought about getting gen5 parts (extractor, plunger assembly, etc.)? I don't know if they will work but I haven't heard anyone with a gen 5 have ejection issues.

More info: Received the 15lb RSA. Brass still striking the RMR. Returned home and put the OEM RSA and OEM Extractor Plunger back in the pistol and removed the Comp. Next range trip I had zero brass strikes to the RMR. I'm going to try some 124grn ammo with the Comp reinstalled and see how it runs with all OEM internals. FWIW I had no issues with the 15 lb RSA not returning the slide to battery.
    David
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 04-13-2018 at 12:33 PM.

More info: Received the 15lb RSA. Brass still striking the RMR. Returned home and put the OEM RSA and Plunger back in the pistol and removed the Comp. Next range trip I had zero brass strikes to the RMR. I'm going to try some 124grn ammo with the Comp reinstalled and see how it runs with all OEM internals. FWIW I had no issues with the 15 lb RSA not returning the slide to battery.
    David
    Generally speaking the Roland Special typically runs best with 124gr +P. It takes the most advantage of the comp. Why not just take the OEM RSA as well as the 15lb RSA to the range at the same time and do a side by side comparison?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

User Tag List