Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Issue With My Glock 19.3

Issue With My Glock 19.3

I need some no BS help please. Which is why I'm posting here.

Agency 417 Comp
    KKM Barrel
    Trijicon RMR

Issue: Ejected cases are striking the glass of my RDS.

I have done everything here https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....mm-issues-quot Except adding the Apex Extractor for the Gen 3. Apex told me they recommend against using their Extractor with anything other than OEM barrels.

Replaced 336 Ejector with 30274 Ejector
    Replaced OEM Recoil Spring
    Replaced OEM Extractor Plunger with White Sound HRED Plunger
    Replaced OEM Extractor with new OEM Extractor

Still brass to the RMR

I have heard that I need to shoot 124's and I will eventually switch to that but I have 4K 115's for now.
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 04-03-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Have you tried it with the OEM barrel? If so what does it do?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Have you tried it with the OEM barrel? If so what does it do?
    I have tried it. Brass does not strike the RMR. The OEM barrel won't accommodate the Compensator which leads me to believe the Comp is the cause. The obvious fix is to remove the Comp but I want to find a fix that would allow me to keep the Comp if possible.

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    I have tried it. Brass does not strike the RMR. The OEM barrel won't accommodate the Compensator which leads me to believe the Comp is the cause. The obvious fix is to remove the Comp but I want to find a fix that would allow me to keep the Comp if possible.
    Both components, the RMR and the comp alter the timing of the gun/slide which also affects ejection.

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    Both components, the RMR and the comp alter the timing of the gun/slide which also affects ejection.
    Makes sense. I experienced it especially after adding the comp. Is there a solution other than removing the comp? I talked with one of the tech guys at Agency Arms and he suggested to try a 15lb RS. I have an ISMI RSA assembly ordered to try. If I'm honest it's concerning to me to have to change part A to make B work and part C to make A work. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    Makes sense. I experienced it especially after adding the comp. Is there a solution other than removing the comp? I talked with one of the tech guys at Agency Arms and he suggested to try a 15lb RS. I have an ISMI RSA assembly ordered to try. If I'm honest it's concerning to me to have to change part A to make B work and part C to make A work. Thanks.
    This is generally why it’s recommended to stick with OEM parts. The manufacturer has already done the engineering legwork bits. Once you start venturing into Roland territory though, you gotta change a few things to make the system work properly as a whole.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    This is generally why it’s recommended to stick with OEM parts. The manufacturer has already done the engineering legwork bits. Once you start venturing into Roland territory though, you gotta change a few things to make the system work properly as a whole.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    I'm gonna try the 15lb RS and if that doesn't cure it the comp is coming off.

Here's the NO BS reply you are looking for:

Leave a Glock OEM.......if you put aftermarket parts in a Glock, it's no longer a Glock. It's like putting a chevy carbeurator in a Porsche and when the Porsche doesn't run right you blame the Porsche and say something is wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    Here's the NO BS reply you are looking for:

Leave a Glock OEM.......if you put aftermarket parts in a Glock, it's no longer a Glock. It's like putting a chevy carbeurator in a Porsche and when the Porsche doesn't run right you blame the Porsche and say something is wrong with it.
    That's the philosophy I adhered to from 1988 until...(wait for it)...joining P-F.

(And even then, the only changes were the additon of "Gadget", night sights and grip plug. Everything else was left as God and Gaston Glock intended.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

That’s the joy of fun guns (as opposed to carry ones) - you can tinkertoy them. This is obviously a race gun, so the “keep it stock” philosophy doesn’t apply.

At this point it may be beneficial to start stoning the angle on the tip of the ejector.

User Tag List