Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Not to put too fine a point on it...CA...WTF?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I will be emigrating to America some time after retirement, but I assure you gentlemen that the only thing I'm bringing with me is guns, ammo, and a love of good coffee and fine international cuisine.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Same problem in Colorado, particularly Denver and surrounding areas.
    Which is why when I move I am making sure all my vehicles have the University of Wyoming decals in the back windows least my new neighbors think I'm one of those "typical Californian transplants."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Which is why when I move I am making sure all my vehicles have the University of Wyoming decals in the back windows least my new neighbors think I'm one of those "typical Californian transplants."
    Well, hurry up and get here, already. We need more good folks.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I will be emigrating to America some time after retirement, but I assure you gentlemen that the only thing I'm bringing with me is guns, ammo, and a love of good coffee and fine international cuisine.
    Pretty much what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Pretty much what he said.
    It's a great feeling. After living and working in NYC for most of my first 35 years, then transferring to South FL for the following 16 years, the plan was to move to small town "America", a place similar to the Adirondack mountains of upstate NY where I'd canoe, climb, x-c ski and backpack, though with much less snow...and where English was the primary language. Good motorcycling roads were a must as well.

I did my homework and have never looked back. In fact, I bought our home up here six months before I was even eligible to put my papers in...just so I would force myself to make the transition.

One of the best decisions I've ever made.
    Last edited by blues; 04-08-2018 at 08:45 AM. Reason: typo
    There's nothing civil about this war.

"I will be emigrating to America some time after retirement, but I assure you gentlemen that the only thing I'm bringing with me is guns, ammo, and a love of good coffee and fine international cuisine."
    This, very much this.....plus an appreciation of fine old port now and then.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Ok, so can't shoot until someone is probably shot, and the shootee can't protect themselves because 2a is not allowed in kalifornia. Geesh, get me outta here.
    Last edited by Sonofadi; 04-08-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    No, it has an Assembly Bill number but no one has the text as of earlier today.

In addition to the switch from Objective Reasonableness Based On The Totality Of The Circumstances to Necessary, media reports claim they want commands that cover "POLICE, Drop the [fill in the blank]! Or you will be shot!" Merely saying Drop The Knife (as in Kisela) or Don't Move will no longer be acceptable.
    Speaking of Kisela, I just this morning read the SCOTUS opinion reversing the 9th Circuit decision on qualified immunity for the officer. It's actually a pretty epic 'Jane, you ignorant slut!" smackdown of the 9th by a clearly exasperated SCOTUS majority.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    a place similar to the Adirondack mountains of upstate NY where I'd canoe, climb, x-c ski and backpack, though with much less snow...and where English was the primary language. Good motorcycling roads were a must as well.
    Hey, that's where I grew up. All literally outside my front door (well, for the canoe I had to drive 5 miles).

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    Hey, that's where I grew up. All literally outside my front door (well, for the canoe I had to drive 5 miles).
    Lucky man. I had to drive for hours to get to Keene Valley or Old Forge or Tupper Lake, Long Lake etc. I spent a lot of time up there over many years.

Now I have it pretty much out my front door as well. Well, for the canoe I have to drive a few miles as well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List