Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not to put too fine a point on it...CA...WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    What an inane and utterly impossible-to-follow standard. Reasonableness is used throughout the law precisely because it's an objective overall standard to present to a jury. The phrasing "necessary" implies that there ever IS an objective necessity in situations like these. It entirely disregards the jurisprudential reasons we have a "reasonable" standard in the first place.

As a lawyer, it irritates me. As the brother of a cop, it infuriates me. I don't want to go to my brother's funeral because a legislature did all it could to inject doubt and fear into his defense of his own life. God am I glad not to be in California.
    Very well said, LB. There was and is no need to further "refine" the standard of "reasonableness" and the consequences of this uninformed effort may be dire if it is adopted.
    Last edited by blues; 04-03-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    You guys haven't seen nothing yet! The next round of leadership will make Moonbeam look like Bismark.

California is done. It's over. It really is sad as if it wasn't for the politics of the state it would be paradise.

Sometimes I think my voting strategy needs to change, instead of trying to prevent the collapse of the state, I should try to hasten the day. Perhaps once the state collapses on itself and can no longer support all those who are sucking off of the taxpayers hard work, the leaches will leave for greener pastures and those who are left can try to rebuild with the knowledge of what awaits those who follow the same path again? Unlikely I know but the best chance there is.

Site Supporter
    It's sad but people flee California and then vote in the same values in their new home. Just like people fleeing Latin America.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=10uX2EhSflA
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 04-03-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Oh yay. Another stupid Leftist policy that will drive more Californian Leftist out of their state to inflict their stupidity on other peoples.

The Wall should really be built on the Ca border.
    Or, we could arm the Rebel Alliance and let them take their damn state back.
    Last edited by critter; 04-03-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: I'm illiterate
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It's sad but people flee California and then vote in the same values in their new home. Just like people fleeing Latin America.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=10uX2EhSflA

I fled Seattle a decade ago for that very reason. Californians were everywhere spreading their disease.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Get me out of here!!!
    Before you need Snake Plisskin to come and get you.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Or, we could arm the Rebel Alliance and let them take their damn state back.
    What, the people who fled because of the rampant crime, super high cost of living, and oppressive taxes that later decide gun control, more regulations, and more taxes is just what their new home needs?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    What, the people who fled because of the rampant crime, super high cost of living, and oppressive taxes that later decide gun control, more regulations, and more taxes is just what their new home needs?
    Well, there's Suvurov and CS Tactical... They should be able to handle 50 million idiots if we send enough ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Well, there's Suvurov and CS Tactical... They should be able to handle 50 million idiots if we send enough ammo.
    Only if it's "necessary".

There's nothing civil about this war.

Legal question:

So, I understand that agencies can implement stricter policies than the US Constitutional standard (ex: PERF 30 rules vs the US Constitution).

What if this CA baloney becomes law, and an officer is charged criminally because under their new 20/20 hindsight subjective standard they feel s/he is wrong? Can that officer then appeal all the way up to federal courts and have the law struck down because it is in obvious conflict with the US Constitutional standard, or does some nuance of current case law allow a state to institute a stricter legal (not policy) standard in conflict with Graham v Connor, Garner v TN, et al?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List