Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Some pics from Social Levergun at TacCon 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Any negative to the Trapper in 30-30?
    Nope.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Personally, from the guns I've inspected, I wouldn't go newer than about 2007 on a Marlin purchase unless it was to get some special version (stainless or whatever) that wasn't available earlier, and I like the eighties and nineties guns. Some are partial to the pre-safeties, which means 1982 or so, which leads to them costing a bit more.
    I have a .357 Marlin from 2008. Nice rifle. Good workmanship and no problems. The real quality issues apparently came thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Any negative to the Trapper in 30-30?
    The only thing that comes to mind is they hold one less round than the 20" guns, 5 rds vs 6 in the tube mag, and are a little more muzzle blast, but nothing extreme. Probably seems mild compared to most semi auto carbines with muzzle devices.

Does anyone know anything about the Mossberg 464? They have a 16" stainless .30-30 and the 464 has a tang safety like their shotguns which I like. Just don't know how they stack up against Marlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the Mossberg 464? They have a 16" stainless .30-30 and the 464 has a tang safety like their shotguns which I like. Just don't know how they stack up against Marlin.
    I have fondled them only. They feel cheap and rough. Stories abound on the internet of feeding problems.

I've been tempted to try one anyway, but I have enough projects right now. I do like the location of the safety.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I do like the location of the safety.
    That is literally the only reason I'm even curious about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    That is literally the only reason I'm even curious about them.
    The later production 94 Winchesters have a tang safety. Pretty handy, as easy to use as the older Ruger 77s.

User Tag List