Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some pics from Social Levergun at TacCon 2018

Some pics from Social Levergun at TacCon 2018

We had 18 students attend the Social Levergun block at TacCon18. Here are the two finalist in the "coolest rifle" category:

This fellow did the custom work himself:

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I'm glad you're thinking about doing it again next year. I almost brought my Winchester Trapper but chose not to have a third long gun to manage on the trip.

Hard to compete with a breakdown!

Picked up a shell carrier from hill people gear post class, have to mod it somehow to work with the side sling mount.

Yes! I escaped the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Yes! I escaped the camera.
    I haven't posted everything...
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

JLW,

Check my blog... I just posted a write up of the class as promised. Good stuff!

John

www.civiliangunfighter.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    JLW,

Check my blog... I just posted a write up of the class as promised. Good stuff!

John

www.civiliangunfighter.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!!

This thread is not helping me stay focused on stuff I actually need to buy.

Really looking forward to when Im able to get out more, this is one of the things Id definitely travel for.

Is there much interest in a lever action speed loader? Ive been looking at ideas that have been around online for a while, and just made an improved version of what ive seen that was put out as open source or whatever its called when somebody puts an idea out for anyone to use. The other ones Ive seen commercially or home made arent very practical other than for loading on a table at a match before shooting. Trying to make one thats simple, and reliably holds rounds in place, and doesnt require much effort to load or use when on foot or whatever. So far it works best on a Winchester 94, less so on a Browning 92. I'll work on one for a 92 later, Id like to just get the cartridge retention figured out first.

Initial one that holds 6 rds of 30-30 is about 19 1/2 inches long. I'm thinking some shorter ones for easier carry and can top off a magazine easily may also be worth having. Anyone care to comment on that? As is, I think having a clip or loop on the back end to hang it from a belt or whatever may work OK, but the full size ones arent handy to carry. Some shorter ones that held less rounds may be good. I'll share info if anyone wants to try making their own, if they share input and ideas if they have improvements.

Can someone take some pictures of a Marlin 336 30-30 receiver of the loading gate area from different angles and with the gate pushed open a bit so I can get an idea how easy it is to adapt to that model? I made a small nub on the end of the tube to fit into the front end of the loading gate opening on a Winchester 94, it helps locate the tube for smooth feeding, and the tube follower/ram pushes the last round all the way in nicely. At this point, parts are costing about $3-$4. A table saw helps. I'm working on ways to help make it fast and simple to make the tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    This thread is not helping me stay focused on stuff I actually need to buy.
    I'm failing to understand how lever action guns and gear arent at or near the top of the need list?
    Last edited by Malamute; 04-03-2018 at 03:03 PM.

This class is gonna cost me a LOT of $... thanks Lee....
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

User Tag List