Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heads up WST Users

Would have thought they would advertise that, what with all the puffery from Hodgdon.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

The only data I've seen on WST indicated that the change in velocity is minimal. Anybody have any links or data on this?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Do you know when it was changed?
    From what I understand, a long long time ago (15 years) That is mostly from talking to some of the old crusty reloading guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    From what I understand, a long long time ago (15 years) That is mostly from talking to some of the old crusty reloading guys...
    Interesting. I read some "data" off of Enos if I remember correctly. I thought it was recent but need to go back and find it again. Thanks for the info, Les.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Interesting. I read some "data" off of Enos if I remember correctly. I thought it was recent but need to go back and find it again. Thanks for the info, Les.
    I had a thread on here about working up loads with Win231. I used some in a fridge, some in hot water. They was no discernible difference at chrono.

WST is inverse temperature sensitive. However I never had a problem going minor with it in USPSA matches. It will vary some but unless you are really pushing it in gaming power factor it's not an issue. I think it gets a bad rap from it's predecessor 452AA, which it replaced.

O/P you are fine running WST with lead or coated bullets at mild pressures. I wouldn't try to make 9mm NATO or +P loads with it. I don't use it for standard pressure 9mm loads with jacketed either but lead is fine.
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 04-09-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    WST is inverse temperature sensitive. However I never had a problem going minor with it in USPSA matches. It will vary some but unless you are really pushing it in gaming power factor it's not an issue. I think it gets a bad rap from it's predecessor 452AA, which it replaced.

O/P you are fine running WST with lead or coated bullets at mild pressures. I wouldn't try to make 9mm NATO or +P loads with it. I don't use it for standard pressure 9mm loads with jacketed either but lead is fine.
    Alex Gutt at the 2008 Wi Sectional: sub-minor with WST. He now uses RedDot.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Alex Gutt at the 2008 Wi Sectional: sub-minor with WST. He now uses RedDot.
    Ha! I now use e3 which I'm told is a modernized version of Red Dot only it's very clean and not temp sensitive at all. I still keep WST on hand for an "emergency reserve".

I used lots of WST for 9mm but gave up on it because I couldn’t seem to get consistent drops from the measure. I have gone to Sport Pistol and VV N310 with good result using 147 gr bullets.
    "Swing your leaders wide old man!"

User Tag List