Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster help uspsa

Holster help uspsa

Recently started shooting uspsa (just got classified as a C shooter!) I had a cobbled up belt that I was using but I recently picked up a double alpha premium belt along with some ghost mag pouches, now I just need a holster. I’m currently shooting a S&W M&P 5” 1.0 but hope to get a 5” 2.0 soon. There doesn’t seem to be a ton of holster options out there but I did find a comp tach international that fits the 1.0 and should fit the 2.0. I read a few reviews but not a lot out there on this holster. The only negative I see sometimes mentioned is there is some flex with the doh. Any input on this holster or another I should be looking at? I shoot limited. Thanks
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Bladetech holster with Springer Precision hanger. Most of the molded plastic dropped and offset hangers are not rigid enough, get a metal hanger, you will also be able to adjust cant.

I like the Comp Tac. I agree with Leroy, the Springer Precision hanger is excellent. However, if you do need outward cant, the Boss hanger is the way to go. (You might need outward cant if you are a 'large' dude, or female).
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

So the stock hanger sucks metal is the way to go. Ben stoeger has a comp tac with a boss hanger for just over 100 bucks (which is in my budget). How is the boss hanger? I’m not a big dude, but I can buy it all in one place which is nice
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    So the stock hanger sucks metal is the way to go. Ben stoeger has a comp tac with a boss hanger for just over 100 bucks (which is in my budget). How is the boss hanger? I’m not a big dude, but I can buy it all in one place which is nice
    (Note--I'm not sponsored by Springer, and have no connection with the company)
    I prefer the Springer Precision hanger over the Boss hanger by quite a bit. I'm skinny, so I like the hanger to be vertical to the belt (the only option with the SP). The Boss hanger has a lot of metal below the belt, on the inside of the holster. When I used the Boss, I routinely got bruises on my thigh.

Just replaced my well-worn RHT USPSA Production holster with a GX Vice holster. It has a lock so the gun stays put on walkthroughs.

I recently got a Red Hill Tactical for my Shadow 2. It is very rigid. I’m pleased with it.

https://www.redhilltactical.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    I think it is a good option. With a relatively light polymer gun you can use any decent holster. I don't think you need a double kydex of RHT or GX. Comptac is one of the most popular ones. I've been using Boss hangers since they came out. I bent one of them but otherwise I've had no issues. I velcro a thick foam wedge to the inside metal part, between it and my leg. Adds to consistency of holster position and prevents any bruising etc.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I have two internationals for my ltts; I use the m9a1. I originally got the Stoeger doh and like it well enough; despite being female I didn’t really need the offset especially after losing some weight and I began to be irritated with USPSA overbelts and such. I now use an international with the stock belt mount for all gun games I play and like it a lot, having no problems with a “heavy” all metal weapon. I’m just a c class USPSA shooter and SS in idpa; i shoot speed steel as well.

Red Hill Tactical if they make one for it. I've had Blade Tech and Comp Tac in the past. Blade Tech was fine. Would not buy another Comp Tac but ymmv. Fit was not good on G34 and would bind on the draw even with BOSS hangar.

User Tag List