Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IWI TS12

I've had the opportunity to get my hands on one. Is it fun? Absolutely. Is it a great toy at the range? Without a doubt. And will I end up getting one? More than likely. However, I wouldn't necessarily use it as a home defense weapon. But to say it isn't a fun machine to work.... that'd be a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by BrassSlapper View Post
    I've had the opportunity to get my hands on one. Is it fun? Absolutely. Is it a great toy at the range? Without a doubt. And will I end up getting one? More than likely. However, I wouldn't necessarily use it as a home defense weapon. But to say it isn't a fun machine to work.... that'd be a lie.
    What would be your hang up over HD? Reliability?

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    What would be your hang up over HD? Reliability?
    Absolutely. Not that the thing isn't reliable from what I've heard. But in that kind of situation, I would unsure as to what my hands would actually do. And spinning those ammo tubes isn't something I want to fiddle with if I have a threat in my home. Plus, I'm not going to need 15-16 shots of 00 buck to handle the situation. Instead, I'd prefer a good old pump. Mossberg 500 or 590

Got to shoot my buddy's TS12 again. This time we put a 250 round case of Remington target loads through it between three shooters, and the gun ran flawlessly. According to him, the gun has over 1000 rounds through it now. He hasn't had any issues since the initial break in period.

I brought out some Federal LE133-00 8 pellet Flitecontrol to see how it patterns. This particular TS12 loved Flitecontrol, shooting 3-4" patterns at 25 yards. For comparison my 1301 shoots 6-8" patterns at 25 yards with this load.

Now I just need to find one at a reasonable price so I can get one for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Got to shoot my buddy's TS12 again. This time we put a 250 round case of Remington target loads through it between three shooters, and the gun ran flawlessly. According to him, the gun has over 1000 rounds through it now. He hasn't had any issues since the initial break in period.

I brought out some Federal LE133-00 8 pellet Flitecontrol to see how it patterns. This particular TS12 loved Flitecontrol, shooting 3-4" patterns at 25 yards. For comparison my 1301 shoots 6-8" patterns at 25 yards with this load.

Now I just need to find one at a reasonable price so I can get one for myself.
    Please stop posting about this shotgun... I really don't need one and you're not helping me remember that. [emoji23]

My local indoor range requires shotguns to shoot slug loads only. I have a stash of Winchester Rangers I'm trying to save, so I cast up a few of the Lee 1oz key drive slugs to try for practice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ALMOST, and I do mean almost, bought one. Got a 1301 Tactical instead. Nothing at all wrong with the TS12, I just couldn't justify the $500 difference. Question, isn't 16 rds of 00 buck a little heavy for a home defense shotgun?
    DON'T PISS OFF OLD PEOPLE. THE OLDER WE GET THE LESS "LIFE IN PRISON' IS A DETERENT.

Well I did get one finally. Off to gun range this week..
    DON'T PISS OFF OLD PEOPLE. THE OLDER WE GET THE LESS "LIFE IN PRISON' IS A DETERENT.

Site Supporter
    Got to shoot one of these a while back.

It was mostly reliable but bulky and awkward. In informal shooting competition on steel the shoots with the TS12 lost every time vs conventional pumps and semi autos.

Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Got to shoot one of these a while back.

It was mostly reliable but bulky and awkward. In informal shooting competition on steel the shoots with the TS12 lost every time vs conventional pumps and semi autos.

Hard pass.
    We had one come through class a few months back. To everyone's surprise, it seemed to run, at least on day 1. The student, despite doing fairly well, just ghosted us on day 2 and never showed up, so I can't say how the gun would have done through a full course.

That said, it's bulky and awkward, and having three separate mag tubes makes loading and topping off a bit more intricate than usual. Honestly it struck me as a novelty for people who just want something different than everyone else, and not something I'd see as a serious-use tool.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List