Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWI TS12

IWI TS12

Does anyone here have hands-on experience with this shotgun or any new information about it since SHOT? Looks like a very unique design, and the price point seems pretty reasonable. If this turns out to be reliable (which coming from IWI, I have confidence it will be), I may consider picking one up.

For the shotgun experts here, would this be a good contender for an HD gun compared to other semi autos like the 1301, M2, or M4?

Meh.

It takes chokes.
    Its IWI

That alone is enough for me to swerve.

Bumping this thread since they're finally available. Anyone here have a chance to handle or shoot one? Do we think it could become a viable candidate for a serious defensive shotgun (assuming it proves to be reliable of course), or is it just a sci-fi looking toy?

I'm curious too. My friend is in love with his Tavor rifle (I like it too for a bull pup, but still prefer AR15s) and he's been looking forward to one of these for a couple years now. He'll probably get one but wants to handle one first.

I've been in love with the idea since it was introduced but I'm not willing to be a Guinea Pig now that I just bought a 1301T.
    But if it proves to be reliable...

I just ordered one of these. I have no idea when it will ship from IWI, but will post pics and a review once I shoot a few matches with it.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I just ordered one of these. I have no idea when it will ship from IWI, but will post pics and a review once I shoot a few matches with it.
    Did you ever receive this?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I got to shoot 2-3 boxes of shells through a friend's TS12 a month ago. I brought out my 1301T as well for comparison.

A few initial impressions I noted:

- The gun handled better than I expected. It's definitely heavier than my 1301, but it actually balances pretty nicely as a bullpup.

- It was 99% reliable for the 200 or so rounds my friend and I fired through it that day. I had one stovepipe with low brass birdshot. We fired a mix of cheap birdshot and buckshot. He did say there was a break-in period of about 100 rounds where the gun would barely cycle at all with lighter loads.

- Recoil was very manageable, probably a bit softer than my 1301 due to being heavier.

- The rotating tubes can be a bit strange at first, but once I got used to them I was able to rotate the tubes to "reload" the gun very quickly. One issue I noticed is that you can't tell how many shells you have in each tube. I wish they would have included some kind of window on the mag tubes to see how many shells are in each one.

- You can actually get 17 rounds in the gun total if you ghost load one on the carrier. Firing off 17 rounds of 12ga in 5 seconds is awesome.

The TS12 was a blast to shoot. It has the potential to be a solid HD shotgun, but I can't comment too much on its reliability based on my limited experience with it. Having 15+1 in a shotgun would definitely be a nice advantage though. I may have to pick one up some day.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Did you ever receive this?
    IWI called last week and took my CC info, just waiting on the shipment to arrive.

It came in yesterday. Haven't had a chance to shoot it and I need to pick up more heavy dove loads for break in. The manual recommends 1200fps 1 1/8 oz loads so I'll give some Winchester AA 1300fps loads a try. First impression is that it's very short. It takes some getting used to. 16 rounds of 12ga in a 28 inch long shotgun is pretty impressive. The lever to rotate the mag tubes is still pretty stiff. Its located at the front of the trigger guard and you press it with your trigger finger and rotate the tube with your off hand. It needs an optic as well, I'm still undecided on what to pick.

Last edited by andre3k; 09-11-2020 at 01:58 PM.

User Tag List