Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Working together to protect the 2nd Amendment

Site Supporter

Working together to protect the 2nd Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think we'd better learn to pull together so we don't have to have one for winners and one for losers.
    The "Trump order bump stock ban" thread has exposed some points of disagreement that I think are a distraction from issues that we can all agree on. So in taking Blues' advice that we pull together (see above), I'm starting a thread for us to report things we've done to help defend the 2nd Amendment. If you contact a member of congress or your state legislature to voice your opposition to gun control, post it here. If you make a donation to a pro-gun organization or become a member of such, post it here. If you take a non-shooter shooting for the first time, post it here. This is a big tent thread (no pun intended), so post whatever. Any sort of mutual encouragement along these lines will certainly be more productive than infighting.

I'll start: This week I wrote my two US Senators and US Rep to let them know of my opposition to any new gun control legislation and to advocate for eliminating gun free zones. I used the NRA-ILA contact tool (LINK), but I replaced their form letter with my own text. Sending these three letters took maybe ten minutes. It would have taken less than two minutes if I'd used the form letter text.
    Last edited by pangloss; 03-02-2018 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Corrected typos.

Re-upped NRA membership for 5 years. Going to take #1 Son to his first post-deployment pistol match. Still determining which other Pro-2A group will get my membership.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    50 bucks to the NRA-ILA last week.

Site Supporter
    I've been a lifetime member of the NRA since 1992. I joined GOA in October 2017 after the LV shooting. I joined SAF this Monday.
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 03-02-2018 at 02:06 AM.

Site Supporter
    Joined NRA last week. Had gotten sick of the constant begging for more money and let it lapse.

Upped my NRA membership to Life in December.
    Sent $50 to Second Amendment Foundation, and $20 to GOA this week.

I'll begin contacting my elected representatives in the coming days.
    Last edited by blues; 03-02-2018 at 08:43 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I've contacted my RINOs (Rubio, Mast), but won't bother with Nelson since he's all over a new AWB. My state senator is RINO-ish on guns, liking 3 day wait with waivers and 21yo to purchase firearms.

NRA is lobbying and getting the word out here.

I need to find out who has the most juice right now in Tallahassee: NRA, GOA, and send them dollars.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I just finished sending emails to my senators, rep and Senator Coley regarding SB260 for Ohio and will be sending a more general letter to Kasich regarding his comments and actions of late on gun control issues.

I engaged in a long, rational Facebook discussion about Christians and guns with a friend who asked a genuine question about it. She wound up expressing a better understanding for my point of view. She said I gave her a lot to think about and, while she doesn't see herself buying a gun, she understands why someone would.

Site Supporter
    I contacted all of my state and federal representatives and senators today and rejoined the NRA.

User Tag List