Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: P30LS with Lazy Wolf Hammer-Fired Master Reduced Reset Action Package

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Stupid question from a stupid person:

Why not just satisfy that DA/SA itch with an @LangdonTactical Beretta PX4 or 92 of some sort? You get DA/SA with excellent trigger characteristics from one of the most stand up guys in the industry and his stuff actually works and is worth the money. “because I want HK” is a fine answer, FYI
    Now I just need to convince @LangdonTactical to do a trigger job on my P30...I’ll be the test dummy
    Shoot more, post less...

Why not just satisfy that DA/SA itch with an @LangdonTactical Beretta PX4 or 92 of some sort? You get DA/SA with excellent trigger characteristics from one of the most stand up guys in the industry and his stuff actually works and is worth the money. “because I want HK” is a fine answer, FYI
    I’m a big fan of LangTac TIAB upgrade for the 92-series (see post 109 here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Series/page11). I’m lukewarm on the PX4 having briefly tried it 8 years ago when the internet labeled them the 92’s unreliable, redheaded stepchild. I appreciate the evolution of opinions on the PX4 but have resisted the temptation to give it a second chance as I don’t need yet another platform.

Ultimately my interest in the HK USP/P-series guns is my belief that they are the most robust guns (accuracy, reliability, and durability) on the market.
    Last edited by Sensei; 03-31-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

The guy who created the lobos triggers for the vp9s is supposed to be working on a drop in short reset trigger for the p30. He had some pictures of him with p30 fire control parts on Solidworks.

It has been a long time since any info or update on the project though so who knows if it ever will come to fruition.

I have said it before, but still maintain that the biggest opportunity in the market is for someone who wants to make a proper, tool steel trigger for the P-series guns. The polymer trigger has flex in it that only adds to the spongy feel of the trigger generally. Thumb the hammer and try pulling the trigger; you can get easily a eighth inch of flex in the trigger shoe itself. A good cnc'd part wouldn't need to be $600, and would firm up the feel of the P30 significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    The guy who created the lobos triggers for the vp9s is supposed to be working on a drop in short reset trigger for the p30. He had some pictures of him with p30 fire control parts on Solidworks.

It has been a long time since any info or update on the project though so who knows if it ever will come to fruition.
    Lazy Wolf is supposedly working on a P30 drop-in trigger similar to the VP9 one they're turning out. I asked them about it on Instagram a few days ago when they showed off some of the drop-in VP9 triggers and got a "" as a reply.

Obviously there's not much that anyone who isn't a 16-year-old girl can take away from such a response, but at a bare minimum I'm guessing that means that particular project isn't dead yet.

P30LS with Lazy Wolf Hammer-Fired Master Reduced Reset Action Package

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I have said it before, but still maintain that the biggest opportunity in the market is for someone who wants to make a proper, tool steel trigger for the P-series guns. The polymer trigger has flex in it that only adds to the spongy feel of the trigger generally. Thumb the hammer and try pulling the trigger; you can get easily a eighth inch of flex in the trigger shoe itself. A good cnc'd part wouldn't need to be $600, and would firm up the feel of the P30 significantly.
    Is the trigger shoe not have a metal core or just coated in plastic?

I could not get much flex in the trigger shoe without the trigger bar moving, but need to test again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Abbotm2; 04-01-2018 at 07:25 AM.
    In an ideal situation Id have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could be a fist for punching.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Lazy Wolf is supposedly working on a P30 drop-in trigger similar to the VP9 one they're turning out. I asked them about it on Instagram a few days ago when they showed off some of the drop-in VP9 triggers and got a "" as a reply.

Obviously there's not much that anyone who isn't a 16-year-old girl can take away from such a response, but at a bare minimum I'm guessing that means that particular project isn't dead yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post

Sorry I should have clarified, it was internal trigger components that was potentially under development. Kinda like Sig’s SRT.

I actually see little to no benifit with a aftermarket trigger shoe. The trigger travel is so long by design it negates the usefulness of a flat trigger. Honestly I see little utility to a aftermarket trigger in P series guns anyway. Would it be nice to have a trigger with the pretravel taken out of reset, yea but it is not a big deal if you run a P series gun exclusively.

A fast trigger it is not but I don’t see a v3 or LEM holding someone back for defensive use.

If the reset could be cut in half on my p30 tgs setup I would be in heaven. If I shoot the p30 alone I do not seem to have a problem unless I am really trying to run the gun heard. But when I shoot it side by side with my g43 I have to remember to let the reset all the way out.

Obviously I need more training to really get the reset down. But man, I would like to have a shorter reset and this trigger setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent most of the late afternoon at the range with the P30LS Lazy along with several other pistols. Ammo used was 147 grain FAE. All holsters for each gun were JM Custom OEM 1s or 2s carried at the 4 o'clock strong side from light concealment. For the P30LS, it was carried in Condition 1 with safety on for the first shot. First up was a standard 50-round Dot Torture at 3 yards which returned a score of 46; typical for me with an HK unless I've spent a month on the platform. I then did my "Drive the Plate Drill" which is 3 rounds from the holster at a static 8" steel plate circle (ShootSteel.com) that is 4 feet above the ground placed 10 yards away. The P30LS Lazy scored the single fastest time at 2.77 seconds but was easily the most inconsistent of the pistols fired with only about 75% hits. Average times were around 3-3.5 seconds. First shots came off at around 2-2.5 seconds; splits were around 0.30-0.35 seconds. I fired 100 rounds using this drill trying to improve my accuracy.

Second up was a P228 rail (German) equipped with a factory SRT and Gray Guns P-SAIT trigger that I installed last night. It scored a 48 on the Dot Torture before proceeding to the drive the plate drill. Times over 50 rounds were also around 3.1-3.4 seconds and my fastest time was 2.89 seconds. I was a hair slower off the draw at 2.4-2.8 seconds but my splits were the fastest of any gun fired generally 0.20-0.3 seconds. I was hitting the plate 90% of the time depending on how I pushed the pace.

Next up with the BrigTac that just came back from Wilson after getting an action tune. It scored a 49 on the Dot Torture (shit). Average times over 50 rounds was also 3.5 seconds. Although I was a hair faster off the draw with this gun than the Sig at 2.4 seconds average, I was struggling with the grip size and tight holster that was affecting my draw; I bet those first shot times would be even faster if I had UltraThin grips and slightly loosened the holster screws. My splits were also slower at around 0.35 seconds. However, my accuracy was clearly the best with this gun at 90+% hits over the 50 rounds.

Finally, I had about 10 rounds of spare 45 ACP ammo (230 grain FAE) to shoot through my Sig P220 after performing a 50 round Dot Torture (score 49). Over those few rounds, my average time was 3.3-3.5 seconds. The first round came off at around 2.4 seconds, splits were 0.36-0.4 seconds (hello 45 ACP after a day of 9mm).

So, an interesting day overall. I was a hair faster on the first shot with the P30LS carried in Condition 1 which can be attributed to its lighter trigger. However, that first shot with the P30LS was only faster by a couple tenths of a second compared to the other DA/SA guns. I suppose that means I'm very comfy with a DA pressout trigger squeeze. The Lazy Wolf action tune probably helped my overall speed, but I still need to work on my trigger fundamentals with an HK to be more consistent (i.e. custom work does not substitute for sound fundamentals). As usual, the Sig SRT ultrashort reset significantly helped my split times and follow-up shot accuracy.
    Last edited by Sensei; 04-03-2018 at 09:37 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Hammertime

I think the HK, particularly the P30 line is simply a much higher quality pistol than the 92 or PX4. I don’t really care that much about triggers. Put a 12 lb main spring and light firing pin block spring and call it good.

The one LTT trigger in a bag I have is amazing to feel, but at my level doesn’t buy me any skill over an HK with the above mods.

Plus I like plastic and don’t care for the PX4.

User Tag List